Digital Architecture Intern (13 Months) Location:
Cambridge, UK About Schlumberger:
We are Schlumberger, the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in over 120 countries; we design, develop, and deliver technology and services that transforms how work is done.
We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people's energy. We're looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what's possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it. Job Summary:
Your role will be to work as a key member of the IT department helping deliver first class services and solutions to the scientific community. You will build business systems and assists in data science projects for use in research and engineering.
You will be exposed to a wide range of tools and languages, including Python, C#, shell scripting, Office 365 apps (PowerApps, PowerBI) and data science platforms. Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Use of the Microsoft 365 Power Platform to build line-of-business applications for the Cambridge Research site.
- Support scientific work and train users to make the most of the platform.
- Development of our long-term Knowledge Management platforms to improve search with modern technologies such as AI and natural language processing.
- Assist with local and virtual conferences in our state-of-the-art datalab.
- Support, training and IT operations along with the rest of the team.
Studying towards a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or related field. Competencies:
- Good understanding of programming principles
- Ability to learn a new language preferred in lieu of significant experience with a particular technology - you will be exposed to a variety of languages & platforms
- Ability to takes initiative to identify and solve interesting technical problems
- Ability to communicate technical issues to a wide audience.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.