The Mellowes is located in the pretty town of Gillingham, close to historic Shaftesbury, with local shops and amenities within walking distance. The home has been specifically designed for residents in need of residential and nursing care. The home offers a homely environment for individuals who require nursing, convalescence, respite and palliative care. A day care service is also available. At The Mellowes, Bupa-trained staff provide a compassionate, professional care service in a supportive and friendly environment allowing residents as much independence as possible. The Management team are passionate about quality care and resident experience and we are currently working toward the Gold Standard Framework Award. There are two attractive courtyard gardens attached to the home, which our residents are welcome to enjoy and relax in on warmer days. Some of our rooms have views of the gardens.
We know that family can come from anywhere. At Bupa Care Homes, it's our privilege to care for people - treating each resident as if they were part of our own family. Right now, we're looking for a caring individual to join our friendly team to truly make a difference to people's lives.
From November 11th, people working in certain registered care homes in England must be fully vaccinated by law, unless exempt. To be considered for this apprenticeship, Bupa require you to be fully vaccinated from Coronavirus.
What your typical day involves
- Assisting residents with personal care duties such as bathing, dressing andtoileting Providing the highest standards of care, you'll champion the dignity, and independence of all our residents
- Supporting the Nurse or Senior Care Assistant to complete monthly and weekly checks to monitor the health of our residents and reporting any significant changes
- Supporting at mealtimes: serving meals and transferring residents to the dining room. This might involve supporting them to walk, transferring them in a wheelchair or using a hoist
- Attending planned activities: assisting the team, repositioning, providing care as necessary and taking part in day trips outside the home (day shift only)
- Repositioning residents to ensure they are comfortable and supported
- Admin duties: updating food, fluid and stool charts, supplementary files, daily notes and care plans
What's in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Shopping Discounts
What your apprenticeship will offer:
- You'll work towards a Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship - which is equivalent to 5 GCSES!
- You'll receive day to day training at work and a blended social learning experience for your qualification. This will be delivered on a 121 basis in your workplace by one of our expert coaches every 4-6 weeks via face-to-face visits or remotely over telephone or Microsoft Teams.
- The apprenticeship is a structured, learner and employer focused development programme designed to create opportunities for lifelong knowledge, skills, and behaviours.
At Bupa you'll be working towards your Adult Care Worker Level 2 Apprenticeship over the course of 15 months.