About the programme
Would you like to study a degree at University whilst gaining on site experience and knowledge in the field of large span bridges? National Highways operates and manages three iconic structures in partnership with Amey Transport Infrastructure and we are looking for our next generation of engineers to deliver strategic asset management and technical advice. You will be part of a team, working over three sites, helping to deliver a 15-year contract with a budget of £185million. You will learn not only the technical side of engineering but how our contracts work, how innovation can improve safety and efficiency and also how National Highways connects people’s journeys through these strategic links.
The Civil Engineering Degree Apprenticeship gives you a chance to earn money, work to gain experience whilst studying and all without paying the fees. If you’re looking to get your career moving in a challenging, yet highly rewarding role, then this opportunity at the National Highways Specialist Bridges Group is right for you, offering an excellent insight into the Civil Engineering and Highways Infrastructure environments.
This role will start in September 2022.
You must hold a minimum of five GCSEs (including English and maths, at grade C/grade 4 or above); and
- 112 UCAS points (grades AAA, AAC in A Levels -excludes general studies) or
- BTEC Extended Diploma – grades DMM in related field or
- A grade of merit or above in a HNC, HND or Level 4 Apprenticeship in a construction or property related discipline
- you’ll evidence the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment
- you’ll evidence the ability to work to timescales, prioritising where necessary
- you’ll evidence the ability to give and receive information effectively
- you’ll evidence the ability to write clearly and concisely
- you’ll evidence you desire and passion to pursue a career at National Highways within Civil Engineering.
- you must be able to work at height, over water and in challenging weather conditions.
There’s never been a better time to join our team as we revolutionise the way we manage our large bridges. Our team is passionate about high quality engineering solutions and structure management keeping our iconic bridges operational and safe. You will be at the forefront of developing innovative solutions to challenging problems ensuring that our customers and bridge workers get home safe and well every day while travelling or working on our road network
Why you should Join us
At National Highways, safety is our number one priority. It is one of our core values, as well as a behaviour we expect from our people.
Our vision is that everyone who uses our roads, as well as those who work for us, get home, safe and well. Our Home Safe and Well approach sets out our commitments and how our employees can contribute.
Working for us, you’ll recognise the behaviours required to achieve our vision, and help create a fair and just culture for us all. You should be able to fully understand the hazards and risks that are involved in your work, and follow our procedures safely.
We want you to feel able to raise health, safety and wellbeing concerns with your colleagues, and to challenge unsafe conditions or behaviours wherever you see them. We’re always seeking to improve our performance, and want you to be at the heart of that - helping us all get home safe and well.
Please complete your application as soon as possible as we may close to new applications earlier than the current closing date which is currently 8th December 2021.