Our clients are a Civil, Structural, Building Services and Geotechnical Engineering Consultancy, established in 1993. Based in Leeds and Manchester but covering the whole of the country.
There are four distinct sections to the Firm, comprising Geotechnical/Environmental, Civil/Infrastructure, Structural and Building Services Engineering, and these are supported by their CAD & Revit Department and our Administration & Finance Departments. They number 35 staff in total.
Our clients undertake Pre-Planning Services and Full Design Services from conception through to handover and occupation. Their Engineers are highly qualified and either Chartered or working towards Chartered Status. They utilise the latest technology, data and software packages to assist in the design of schemes. They provide a competitive service in all aspects of engineering for any type of development, from the initial viability appraisal and geotechnical investigations, through to design and advice during construction.
Our clients can provide all engineering services that may be required for a particular development with their engineering teams work collaboratively to achieve efficient design solutions.
. The successful candidate:
Will be a motivated individual who has a passion for taking part in Geotechnical and Geo-Environmental investigations and is degree qualified in the relevant field. The individual will be passionate about keeping the protection of the environment at the forefront of their mind and will be ready to expand on their knowledge within the role.
Key Skills and Experience required:
* A degree in Geology, Environmental Sciences, Geotechnical Engineering, Earth Sciences, Engineering Geology, Civil Engineering, or a relevant subject area
* The ability to interpret geological maps and geological data
* Ability to follow instruction, be flexible and work well in a team environment
* Knowledge of Holebase software (Desirable but training provided)
* Knowledge of logging sample to the required standards (Training provided)
* Knowledge of water and ground gas monitoring techniques
* Ability to produce basic AutoCAD drawings (Desirable but training provided)
* Exceptional written and communication skills
* Full UK driving licence
Typical Duties within the role:
* Reporting of Geotechnical and Geo-environmental investigations, but can include supervision of earthworks, remediation, validation of sites etc.
* Fieldwork supervision of site investigations including site walkovers, soil and rock logging, sampling, foundation inspections, infiltration testing, gas, and groundwater monitoring.
* Undertake preparation of factual and interpretive Geotechnical and Contamination reporting (under guidance of a Senior Engineer).
* A combination of site and office-based work
* Colleague and Client Liaison
In addition to site investigation tasks, you may be required to assist in undertaking earthworks supervision, remediation supervision, validation of plots, topographical surveys, check inspection covers, and drainage runs, and undertake visual inspections.
This role offers a competitive salary, fantastic training and support towards Chartership
Rewards and Benefits
* 26 days paid annual leave, comprising your birthday, 22 flexible days, and 3 days fixed over the Christmas period. In addition, 8 bank holidays are provided, and the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days additional leave.
* Flexible Working Hours
* Contributory pension scheme based on qualifying earnings
* Chartered Professional fees paid
* Enrolment under the "Simply Health" benefit scheme after 6 months service
* Childcare vouchers under the Busy Bees Scheme
* Cycle scheme
* Social activities
* Bi-Annual Bonus Scheme
Salary: GBP22-25k per annum (competitive)