Annabel's is home to five restaurants, bars, private dining rooms and a cigar salon. A team of world-class Chefs, Sommeliers and Mixologists have designed an outstanding array of menus, cocktail and wine lists. Expertly sourced, seasonal ingredients, wines and spirits are brought together using traditional and subversive techniques to create truly unique dining and dinking experiences.
You will be working with the finest ingredients and will be mentored by your Chef throughout your apprenticeship to develop your skills and experience.
To work closely with and assist the Chef de Partie of your section in the daily preparation and service of food, ensuring that the highest standards are consistently maintained. Responsibility for ensuring your section and equipment are always kept clean and tidy to the standards required by the restaurant. To complete all assigned course work as part of your apprenticeship, according to deadlines set.
We offer our Apprentice Chefs:
- A complete set of chef starter knives
- Provision of chef whites and shoes
- A highly competitive starting remuneration package
- Increased remuneration as you develop and progress in your role
- Extensive career development and training opportunities
- Staff discounts
- Meals on duty
- Discounted corporate rate at ClassPass
- Access to Wage Stream
- Life assurance cover
- Employee events
- Access to pension scheme
- Carry out instructions and deliver tasks as requested by the Senior Chefs in your section and / or Head Chef.
- Ensure that food is consistently prepared and presented to the highest quality as per the dish specifications.
- Adhere to the Company Food Safety Policies and procedures at all times in the preparation and delivery of all food and ensure the cleanliness of your section and fridges at all times.
- Continually develop and build your ingredient and food preparation knowledge to improve your skills and develop your cooking skills and ability to present food to the highest standards.
- Communicate clearly, professionally and concisely at all times to the other Chefs during service.
- Ensure section is set up and ready for every service in a timely manner with all preparation completed to the highest standards.
- Ensure a complete understanding of the restaurant menus and have a good understanding of recipes and techniques.
- Carry out all tasks in an efficient and timely manner to ensure the smooth running of service.
- Assist the Chef de Partie in ensuring good stock rotation and control to minimise wastage in the section.
- Ensure all food has been correctly labelled and stored in fridges both during and at the end of service.
- Build effective and constructive relationships with both back and front of house teams.
- Participate in on-the-job training and coaching by senior Chefs and regional trainers from Lifetime to enhance your skill level and knowledge.
- Attend all scheduled apprenticeship appointments and master classes with the apprenticeship provider.
- Ensure maintenance issues / defects in any kitchen equipment are reported immediately to the relevant senior person.
- Ensure you are suitably dressed at all times; chef whites are presentable and you are wearing the applicable personal protective equipment.
- Deliver Adhoc tasks as requested by the Head Chef / Sous Chef.