Why join the Hilton family as an Apprentice?
- Compensation - a competitive apprentice salary plus service charge and tips.
- A Great Place to Work - Hilton is the world's best hospitality company, after being voted #2 Great Place to Work Globally
- #3 for large business in the UK and #2 great place to work for woman in the UK.
- On the Job training - while you work towards a nationally recognised Level 2 Diploma.
- Family - our hotels offer a genuine team environment with a family culture everywhere you turn.
- Mentoring - The opportunity to be mentored by a team of professionals
- Thrive - As part of our THRIVE initiative, we encourage and support our team to look after their Body, Mind and Spirit
- TEAM GYM - Complimentary access to health club facilities.
- Discounts - 50% off food and drink in Hilton Hotels around the world.
- Holiday - 28 days holiday including bank holidays (long service entitlement up to an additional 5 days paid)
- Flexibility - a commitment to work life balance, we are open to flexibility depending on your needs and the rota requirements.
- Perks@Work - access to discounts at thousands of high street stores, phone contract's, broadband and cinema.
- Wellbeing - discounted dental & health cover and an extensive wellbeing resource kit.
- Team Celebrations - frequently our teams get together to party and celebrate the amazing work we do!
- On shift - complimentary meals on duty & uniforms provided.
- Variety - no two days will look the same for our team.
...and so much more!
What will I be doing?
- Working within the Food and Beverage department, providing service to guests.
- Contribute to high levels of customer service and manage customer relationships when necessary.
- Complying with all regulations regarding Health and Safety and Food Hygiene
- Undertake all duties assigned to you by the senior manager in the hotel
- Complete all aspects of the training programme
What are we looking for?
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on your own or in teams
- Willingness to learn
- The ability to deal with enquiries in a professional and polite manner
What happens after I apply?
We aim to come back to you as soon as possible. If your application is successful, you will be invited to complete a phone interview with Lifetime followed by an on-site interview at the Hilton.
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage.
At Hilton, you will be working towards Hospitality Team Member Food and Beverage Level 2 over the course of 15 months.