Graduate Drives Engineer - Power Electronics
GBP25,000 - GBP30,000
North West / West Yorkshire
Occasional International Travel Required
Immediate role available for a Graduate Engineer - Electrical/Electronics to develop into a Support & Commissioning Engineer with intimate knowledge of drives & motors within an industrial automation application for a unique business in the healthcare sector.
The Graduate Drives Engineer will be joining a small, specialist business with long established partnerships with both blue chip business' and highly respected University research labs both in the UK and internationally.
The Graduate Drives Engineer will be trained to take on key responsibilities including:
* Carry out site commissioning of special purpose machinery - specifically drives & motors
* In-house testing prior to shipping
* Regular maintenance visits for UK clients
* Willingness to travel overseas for installations & site visits c5 times per year (1 week at a time)
* Provide remote support to customers in Asia
We are looking for a Graduate Engineer with qualifications in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or similar. Any experience with the below highly advantageous:
* Practical skills in electrical, electronic & mechanical systems
* Knowledge of control systems for electro-mechanical systems eg servo motors, plant automation or robotic systems
* Drives knowledge - ABB or Siemens preferred
* Core power electronics background
* Experience working with electronics & sensors, systems integration
* Good understanding of programming languages e.g. Python or C or C++ or BASIC
* Any experience of MINT programming software for ABB drives highly advantageous
* Any experience providing technical support and delivering training to customers
Should you have any additional skills in the following, it would be highly beneficial but not essential:
* Experience of PCB design (schematic capture layout) for analogue & digital electronics
* Experience in writing firmware & developing control systems
* Able to read, speak & write in Chinese
This is an excellent opportunity to join an innovative business with a stable future. Career path for this role is to develop from Graduate Engineer into Technical Lead.
Training is provided and you will be learning from the original creator of this system. The role will suit applicants who are comfortable working autonomously, are self-managed and capable to look after own workload.
The role will be part office, part remote working with roughly 5 trips overseas per year. Ideal locations for this role would include: Manchester, Oldham, Stockport, Rochdale, Halifax or Leeds.
Base salary as a Graduate Engineer is negotiable with experience cGBP25-30k with contributory pension, TOIL for weekend travel and all site expense covered. Overtime isn't an expectation with this role.
We are also open to applications from experienced Engineers
All respondents to this position must be eligible to live and work in the UK - Automation Experts are unable to assist with the award of Visas or UK Work Permits