Are you an experienced Structural Engineer that has an impeccable track record in the delivery of quality designs for building structures?
Our client is a well-respected multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, that has been an organically growing owner-managed business for nearly 50 years. They have claimed numerous awards including ones for sustainability and more recently have been shortlisted for the Best UK Consultancy.
Due to their ongoing success, a great opportunity has arisen for a Structural Engineer/Chartered Structural Engineer to accompany the team on a wide variety of interesting and challenging projects.
* 30 days annual leave including Bank Holidays, increasing with length of service.
* Offices are closed over Christmas.
* Pension contribution.
* Bi-annual performance related bonus, flexible pay scheme (ability to buy extra holidays).
* Death in service scheme.
* Income protection scheme.
* Spa Medical (medical service employee wellness program).
* Employee Assistance Programme.
* Mental Health First Aiders.
* Professional Membership (2 per year).
* Agile Working.
* Free eye test vouchers.
* Cycle to work Scheme.
* Dress down Fridays.
* Branded PPE, and personal fleece and water bottle.
The salary is competitive, and depends on your experience and qualifications.
Role and Responsibilities
* Prepare design calculations and drawings with little supervision.
* Support Senior Engineers in carrying out the project design from commencement to completion.
* Deliver quality designs in a wide range of materials.
* Produce hand drawn sketches.
* Manage CAD Technicians and produce designs in a wide range of materials.
* Communicate with team members, clients, and other construction professionals about projects.
* Represent the company at design team meetings with clients and other construction professionals.
* Offer leadership, mentoring and motivation to junior engineers.
* If not Chartered work towards your chartership with the support of your mentor and colleagues regularly and systematically.
* Keep up to date with the CPD requirements within the IStructE/ICE.
* Carry out thorough site investigations, complete inspections, identify issues and solve problems.
* Use UK and Euro Design codes.
* AutoCAD, Tekla, and REVIT.
* BSc / B.Eng or equivalent degree from an ICE approved course.
* Chartered or near Chartership with either Institution of Civil or Structural Engineering.
Whether individually or collectively, the company is guided by their values. They are the driving force of the team's culture, and it is important that everyone who joins, can relate to them. The values are:
Culture of Excellence, Respect for People and Honesty and Ethics.
Our client is a unique company that recognise the importance of balance and how it not only benefits the employee but also the wider business. They encourage members of staff to get involved with company, charity, and sports events, and believe that it is imperative to enjoy your career