Apprentice IT Service Desk Engineer - Level 2/3
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
About the company:
GK Apprenticeships are recruiting on behalf of MCi4Service, a successful provider of advanced IT services. Supporting small and medium-sized businesses throughout Yorkshire and the Midlands, they take great pride in their solutions-focused approach and excellent customer service.
They also work with many of the industry's top vendors including Microsoft, Sophos, ESET and ConnectWise. MCi4Service has been a Microsoft Partner for over 10 years, currently with Silver Partner status and aspiring to achieve Gold status.
They are now looking for an Apprentice IT Service Desk Engineer to join them on a Level 4 Network Engineer apprenticeship lasting 24 months.
What you'll be doing:
As an Apprentice IT Service Desk Engineer, you'll learn how to provide 2nd and 3rd line technical support to clients via the telephone and using remote tools.
You will start off as a Level 2 Engineer and work towards becoming a Level 3 Engineer during your apprenticeship. You will take ownership of incidents and requests which cannot be solved immediately by first level support.
Some of your duties will include:
- Providing desktop, laptop and other user device support
- Handling breaks/fixes, configuration issues, troubleshooting, software installations and hardware repairs
- Delivering services in line with Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Working towards leading and taking responsibility for technical matters
- Liaising with third party providers
What you'll need:
To be considered as an Apprentice IT Service Desk Engineer, you'll need:
- At least 12 months' experience of working within a 1st line support role
- At least three GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C/4 or above, including English and Mathematics
- A track record of resolving technical issues (as part of your studies, a hobby or similar)
- An understanding of an IT service desk function
- Good interpersonal skills
- An excellent telephone manner and the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users
- Excellent problem-solving skills
It would be advantageous to your application if you have already completed a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship, but not essential.
- Starting salary of GBP17,500 per annum (with bi-annual salary increases of GBP625)
- Salary of GBP22,500 once you've completed your apprenticeship
- Learn how to effectively tackle 2nd and 3rd line support issues
- Develop your technical skills
- Join a supportive team environment
- Gain experience with a forward-thinking business
- Mentoring from experienced colleagues
- Support to gain a vendor certification alongside your Level 4 apprenticeship
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain brilliant, hands-on experience within an experienced team and continue building an exciting career in IT.
You will have the chance to learn key skills whilst working towards a Level 4 Apprenticeship with an excellent starting salary on completion. What's more, there may also be potential to progress onto a Level 6 Integrated Degree Apprenticeship programme as well.
So, if you are eager to learn and are passionate about all things tech, this is the opportunity you've been waiting for.
Other organisations may call this role Apprentice IT Engineer, Apprentice IT Technician, Trainee Service Desk Engineer, Apprentice Helpdesk Support Analyst, Trainee Technical Support Engineer, or Junior IT Support Engineer.
This role would also be suitable for those considering an IT Apprenticeship, IT Internship, IT Training Programme, IT Support Apprenticeship, or an IT Engineering Apprenticeship.
Please note, applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and we reserve the right to close the role early should a sufficient number be received. As such, we would encourage early applications to avoid disappointment.
So, if you're looking to become an Apprentice IT Service Desk Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency