Stevenage Swimming Centre are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work with them as an Leisure Assistant Apprentice Level 2.
Come and join the team!
This role is to assist and supervise customers in their use of facilities, provide Life guarding services, ensure customer safety and wellbeing and assist in reception and booking duties as required.
An interest in leisure is essential as is the ability to be flexible in working hours as you will be required to work evenings and weekends.
Relevant training will be provided to the successful candidate. Training will include completing the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification, First Aid at work Qualification with AED, safeguarding, manual handling, and an NVQ level 2 in the leisure sector.
Pool supervision is a key part of the job role. This role requires working on a rota basis to include daytimes, evenings and weekends. Time will be set aside in the rota for NVQ work and training to be completed.
- Effective communication with other team members
- Equipment setups safely and on time
- Maintenance of company standards at all times
- Provision of safe and effective pool supervision
- Building cleanliness and undertaking other various housekeeping duties
- Building and being part of a successful and well-motivated team
- Delivering excellent customer service at all times
- Assist in reception and booking duties as required
This is a full-time position and you will be required to work 40 hours per week on a shift basis.
To be considered for this role, you must be a strong and confident swimmer. If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you can complete the following.
- Jump/dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
- Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
- Free gym membership for you & discounted membership for a friend
- Discounted use of facilities at SLL centres
- Discounts at major attractions and retailers, online and in store
- Ongoing training with great career opportunities in the leisure industry
As an apprentice with Stevenage Leisure - Stevenage Swimming Centre, you will be studying towards a 12-18 months qualification that will be the Level 2 Leisure Team Member Apprenticeship".