We're looking for apprentice Painters to work with the apprentice team learning the skills and gaining experience of the construction industry whilst studying towards completion of the Level 2 Apprenticeship.
* Ensure the effective delivery of service in line with Axis Health and Safety Policies and procedures.
* Ensure and undertake any recording of work and administration required by Axis standards and timescales.
* Report any Health and Safety issues and outstanding defects to your Supervisor, Contracts Manager, Health and Safety team and Apprentice Master.
* Work as an integral team member with other apprentices, Axis operatives, clients, customers, and tenants.
* Attend Axis Induction, Health and Safety training, Toolbox talks and College Induction.
* There will be an opportunity to participate in our 'Apprentice Challenge' project.
* Undertake painting work to a safe, clean, and high-quality standard.
* Learn how to cost painting work with your Axis Mentor, identifying cost reduction methods.
* Ensure college course attendance is 100% and college absence communicated to your Line Manager and Apprentice Master every time you fail to attend college.
* Ensure that you meet you painting operative on time daily.
* Communicate any absence from work as per your contractual terms and conditions.
* Communicate College requirements for completion of the Level 2 apprenticeship portfolio work with Axis Mentor, Apprentice Master and Contracts Manager.
* Ensure painting work is delivered in a professional manner, in line with Axis Core Values and Equality standards.
* Always wear your PPE while working and follow Health & Safety instructions.
* Pass all college exams and projects in each year of college to ensure continued progression in your apprenticeship.
* GCSE 4 & above (A-C) in Maths & English or equivalent
* Previous multi-trade knowledge is desirable but not essential
* Good communication
* Positive attitude to work
* Attention to detail
Other key Information
* Driving licence by the end of apprenticeship
* Apprenticeship duration: 3 years
* Salaries are paid in line with government guidelines for apprentices, and we cover the cost of travel expenses.
Axis has experienced continual growth since it's establishment in 1986, we're not aiming to be the biggest service provider, however we do intend to be the best. We work with some of the UK's largest building owners, landlords, facility managers to provide strategic building repairs, planned maintenance and improvement across all property sectors.
We are a value led business, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace diversity above all