On behalf of a leading integrated highways service provider, we are looking to recruit a Graduate Highways Inspector. This is a permanent role based in East London paying up to GBP24,000 per annum.
Your new company
Priding themselves on delivering the best highways solutions in the industry, this integrated service provider aims to meet the needs of road users and the public in ways that are economically, socially and environmentally sustainable, both now and in the future.
Your new role
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone new to the industry to get their foot in the door in a supportive company that will support your growth in the role, with a chance for real progression as they love to promote internally. The successful candidate will be a proactive member of the team undertaking a crucial role within the highway network by helping to keep London's highways as defect free as possible. You will be tasked with:
* Perform and accurately report Safety Inspections and Service Inspections across the road network
* Perform walked and driven highway inspections working alone and alongside others
* Record and upload inspection and video survey files to the asset management system
* Identify issues of concern to residents and stakeholders in each inspection area
* Report any issues not covered by the inspection regime for the general betterment of the Network
* Identify opportunities to reduce clutter on the network for prioritisation with the client
Alongside a willingness to join the team and get stuck in, the successful Graduate Highways Inspector will need to embody the company's core values of cooperation and partnership. Furthermore, you should have:
* GCSE's Maths, English, Science and Computer Skills or NVQ Level 3 /ONC in a relevant subject or equivalent experience
* Local network knowledge
* NRSWA accreditation or similar relevant training preferable
If you're ready to roll up your sleeves and join a great team, have a chat with us today