Admin Postage Apprentice - Level 3
Salary: GBP8,500 to GBP11,500 per annum DOE
Benefits: Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance & Pension
Contract type: Permanent, full-time
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm- office based only
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a driven, competent individual to join our Postage Team. This role is integral to the business and will offer the applicant exposure to a niche industry and to gain knowledge within the postage sector and work with suppliers such as Royal Mail. Attention to detail, initiative and a team player is essential.
Duties & Key Responsibilities:
- Daily forecasting of postal volumes to be collected for each mail carrier. Pre-note weekly and confirmation of volume on day of despatch
- Ordering relevant mailing consumables for upcoming jobs from each carrier
- Ensuring all postal dockets/paperwork have been created accurately and in time for each mail carrier's collection schedule
- Pass all postal related paperwork to Production to ensure it is applied to correct mailings and, if required, additional copies printed for handover to collection drivers
- Import Mailmark files into the GeMMA Mailmark uploading software ensuring correct handover dates/volumes have been selected
- Upload the relevant Whistl files through the GeMMA software and send over to Whistl
- Ensuring the Production Planner is updated utilising information from internal systems
- Ensure all postage information on the planner - carrier, consumables required, service etc. is accurate and updated as and when required
- Produce a daily postal list to the business to show jobs due out with each carrier
- Resolving queries from all postal carriers regarding despatched mailings - weight and quantity discrepancies, presentation issues, handover reports
- Responding to carrier requests for AdMail seeds to ensure the admail discount is retained
- Send relevant documents and files over to mail carriers and partner companies for outsourced mailings
- Work closely with Production to understand requirements of each job - arrange additional/weekend collections if necessary
- Raise queries with internal Account Managers if job cards are unclear/despatch dates need amending
- Review Whistl/Royal Mail invoices alongside the Finance team
- Assist Finance with all invoice queries - missing job numbers, price discrepancies - and contact relevant mail carrier through to query resolution
- Working alongside Warehouse to ensure all jobs are despatched correctly and answer/assist with any job queries
- Sending a daily collections list to the relevant departments detailing which jobs still require invoicing/payment
- Good written and verbal communication as need to communicate to internal and external clients/suppliers at all levels in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Excellent attention to detail with a good eye for figures
- Comfortable working as part of a team as well as independently
- Competent ability in Office products (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Ability to prioritise workload within a fluid, fast-paced environment
- Communication - ability to liaise with colleagues and clients effectively.
- Teamwork - to be a positive team member and help contribute to a happy and positive business culture. Demonstrate attention to detail - complete tasks without the need for close supervision and the ability to work to deadlines
- Can do attitude - enthusiastic, motivated, driven, flexibility towards tasks and hours of work. Demonstrate a desire to learn more and improve and accept ownership and responsibility for your own career progression and your team's performance overall.
Other companies may call this role Apprentice Postage Administrator, Apprentice Administrative Assistant, Apprentice Office Administrator, Apprentice Team Administrator, or Junior Administrator.
Webrecruit and bakergoodchild are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready for a fresh, exciting role as an Admin Postage Apprentice, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency