Cavanna Homes is a family-owned business established in 1923. Our aim is to become the most admired regional house builder in the South West. We strive to achieve this through our product design, innovation and build quality whilst maintaining the trust and respect of our customers and the local communities around our developments. We aim to be a company whose employees, shareholders, customers, business partners and the community can be proud to be associated with.
At Cavanna, everyone lives by 'The Cavanna Way'. This is our set of values that define who we are as a team and how we behave - 'Customer Focused', 'Integrity', 'Socially Engaged', 'Reputable', 'Successful' and 'Safe'. If you believe these values match your own, then we'd love to hear from you.
We're currently looking for an IT Apprentice to join us on an 18 month fixed term apprenticeship.
- Apprenticeship salary of GBP8,385 in Year 1, National Minimum Wage thereafter (which is dependent on your age)
- Computing Infrastructure - 18 month fixed term apprenticeship
- Private Healthcare for yourself and your family
- Life Assurance X3
- 6% employer pension contributions
- Medicash health cashback scheme
- 25 days' holiday plus Bank Holidays, additional holidays awarded for length of service
- Cycle to Work Scheme up to the value of GBP3,500
- Early Friday finishes
- Discount on purchase of a Cavanna Home
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated individual looking to take your first step in a successful and rewarding career in IT.
Joining one of the largest privately-owned property developers in the South West, you will have the chance to study for an academic qualification whilst working and learning alongside friendly and experienced professionals.
So, if you're looking to kick start your career within a collaborative and friendly work environment, as well as enjoying a range of fantastic benefits, we want to hear from you.
As an IT Apprentice, you will gain valuable knowledge and skills in different areas of IT including hardware, software, services and infrastructure.
Reporting to the Head of IT, you will be responsible for a breadth of supporting tasks including providing effective first line assistance to users at all levels of the organisation.
Specifically, you will learn to:
- Log all support requests to the central service desk system
- Prioritise requests, aiming to resolve issues at the point of call and escalating concerns of a complex nature to the second line or third parties when necessary
- Update and maintain the knowledge base and end user self-service portal
- Maintain documentation of physical assets, software licenses and managed services
- Install equipment and network infrastructure at Head Office and remote offices
- Install operating systems and applications on laptops and desktops
- Obtain quotes and create purchase orders for hardware, software and managed services
- Create, maintain, and retire user accounts with correct security permissions, authority levels and other policies
- Maintain, clean, and dispose of IT equipment
- Assist with roll out of solutions to support infrastructure and digital transformation projects
Although no experience is necessary, to join us as an IT Apprentice, you will need:
- Confidence in using computers
- A good level of arithmetic
- A good telephone manner
- To be organised with the ability to work on your own initiative
You will also be willing to work flexibly, undertake training, and perform additional duties to meet the demands of this role.
Other organisations may call this role IT Support Apprentice, Apprentice IT Engineer, Apprentice IT Technician, Trainee Helpdesk Technician, Trainee IT Analyst, Trainee Desktop Support Technician, or Information Technology Apprentice.
So, if you're seeking a new challenge as an IT Apprentice, please apply via the button shown. You will be required to submit your CV and covering letter - please note, Cavanna Homes prides itself on recruiting directly, CVs received through agencies outside of our PSL will not be considered.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency