We are currently recruiting for a highly professional and recognised national Training Provider. This client has recently been rated as GOOD by Ofsted.
This Training Provider delivers a wide range of Apprenticeship and Commercial Training Programmes and this position has become available through growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly established company that has a supportive management culture and can offer genuine career progression opportunities.
As an experienced Business Development Manager, you will play an instrumental part in driving profitability, identifying new business development opportunities within your portfolio, and growing business relationships to maximize the potential of our core account base.
The role of Business Development Manager offers a basic salary of up to GBP35000, Company Car or allowance, OTE GBP45000-GBP50000, 24 days+bank holidays, Laptop, mobile, and pension scheme.
Main duties and responsibilities of the Business Development Manager
• You will be responsible for the growth of new clients which includes developing new client relationships, growing existing relationships with clients and partners
• You will have a strong desire to pro-actively contact and work with employers to identify their needs, to sell current products. This may require tailoring or bespoke design of program solutions so you can achieve your sales target with corporate and key accounts across the companies full range of products and program areas.
• You will be able to build effective client relationships as well as the ability to network with wider colleagues within the group and external stakeholders.
• Professionally and effectively employ sales skills to achieve sales targets
• Build and manage an effective pipeline of sales prospects to increase the share of each market sector
• Develop relationships with professional bodies to support business development activities
• Effectively communicate with clients predominantly via telephone, but also face-to-face and written communications including conducting sales/marketing presentations (face-to-face and virtual open evenings, exhibitions, branch activities, etc.)
• Support the management and production of corporate proposals, bids, and tenders
• Forecasting within your pipeline for financial profiling purposes.
• To ensure the client is supported with information and advice around different funding options available to them and access to government grants where available
• Identifying new areas of revenue within your portfolio
• Attend regular networking events, represent the business at key stakeholder events, marketing, and promoting the Company in a positive image, being able to respond to business opportunities.
Skills and Experience required for the Business Development Manager- Apprenticeships
• Extensive experience working as a Business Development/Sales Manager within the Work-Based Learning or FE sector
• Excellent knowledge and experience in managing levy and non clients within the Apprenticeship or FE Sector
• Up to date knowledge of Apprenticeships standards, funding, and government training programs
• Proven, recent, sales experience demonstrated in a B2B environment, within the apprenticeship or FE sector.
• Proven track record in exceeding sales targets and customer expectations
• Excellent IT skills with experience of word processing/Excel and presentation Microsoft Office Packages
• Full UK Driving license and flexibility to travel
This position is being managed by Pertemps Work Based Learning and Skills division
For more information please contact Simon Atkins on (phone number removed)