Cavanna Homes is a family-owned business established in 1923. Our aim is to become the most admired regional house builder in the South West. We strive to achieve this through our product design, innovation and build quality whilst maintaining the trust and respect of our customers and the local communities around our developments. We aim to be a company whose employees, shareholders, customers, business partners and the community can be proud to be associated with.
At Cavanna, everyone lives by 'The Cavanna Way'. This is our set of values that define who we are as a team and how we behave - 'Customer Focused', 'Integrity', 'Socially Engaged', 'Reputable', 'Successful' and 'Safe'. If you believe these values match your own, then we'd love to hear from you.
We're currently looking for a Commercial Apprentice to join us on an 18 month fixed term apprenticeship.
- Apprenticeship salary of GBP8,385 in Year 1, National Minimum Wage thereafter (which is dependent on your age)
- Surveying Technical Level 3 - 18 month fixed term apprenticeship with Exeter College
- Private Healthcare for yourself and your family
- Life Assurance X3
- 6% employer pension contributions
- Medicash health cashback scheme
- 25 days' holiday plus Bank Holidays, additional holidays awarded for length of service
- Cycle to Work Scheme up to the value of GBP3,500
- Early Friday finishes
- Discount on purchase of a Cavanna Home
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated individual looking to take your first step in a successful and rewarding commercial career.
Joining one of the largest privately-owned property developers in the South West, you will have the chance to study for an academic qualification whilst working and learning alongside friendly and experienced professionals.
So, if you're looking to kick start your career within a collaborative and friendly work environment, as well as enjoying a range of fantastic benefits, we want to hear from you.
As a Commercial Apprentice, you will assist the Land Appraisal Manager with various administrative tasks, whilst learning all aspects of the Land Department.
Specifically, you will learn to:
- Assist in compiling high-level land appraisals including detailed build cost estimates
- Use technical information to support the Land and Design team to understand the constraints and opportunities of a specific site
- Raise purchase orders for consultants carrying work out for the business
- Assist in the production of and support detailed build cost estimates
- Attend Land and Design team meetings to support the Project Team
- Prepare and maintain a comprehensive database for both housing and site works costings
Although no experience is necessary, to join us as a Commercial Apprentice, you will need:
- Confidence in using computers
- A good level of arithmetic
- A good telephone manner
- To be organised with the ability to work on your own initiative
You will also be willing to work flexibly, undertake training, and perform additional duties to meet the demands of this role.
Other organisations may call this role Commercial Support Apprentice, Land Management Apprentice, Land Appraisal Apprentice, Apprentice Estimator, Estimating Apprentice, or Construction Apprentice.
So, if you're seeking a new challenge as a Commercial Apprentice, please apply via the button shown. You will be required to submit your CV and covering letter - please note, Cavanna Homes prides itself on recruiting directly, CVs received through agencies outside of our PSL will not be considered.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency