Are you looking for an opportunity to start a career? Would you like to learn how to use the range of equipment and vehicles commonly used in a warehouse? Would you like to learn how to use systems to track and record both goods in and goods out activity. If so, Essity’s Logistics Operator apprenticeship will help equip you with the skills and knowledge to develop a long-lasting career.
At Essity we manufacture and sell products that are used every day, we break taboos and challenge convention, all with the intention of breaking down barriers to health and well-being globally.
In the UK we own and manufacture many leading brands, including Cushelle toilet tissue and Plenty kitchen roll. To support the manufacture of these essential products our supply chain teams work hard to ensure the teams have access to the right raw materials at the right time and that finished goods are ready for dispatch.
About the role
Join Essity as a Logistics Operator Apprentice and over 3 years you will have the opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge in logistics at a busy manufacturing site. This will include unloading, picking, dispatch and stock control. Combined with this you will learn how to safely operate the machinery on site, interact with customers and understand how technology supports the operation of a warehouse. A great opportunity to develop a career.
What you will do
Through a combination of on the job learning and support from a tutor you will have the opportunity to learn and complete the following
- Understanding the importance of warehouse safety and environment issues
- Operating all warehouse equipment and machinery in a safe manner
- Completing daily machine safety checks
- Taking deliveries and completing quality checks of incoming goods
- Storing goods and moving stock in the warehouse through various methods
- Picking and packing orders
- Operating the warehouse management system
- Loading goods for dispatch
- Reworking products
- Undertaking daily stock counts
- Assisting with customer returns
- Cleaning / supporting the maintenance of high-level housekeeping standards
- Over a three-year period, you will study for a level 2 & level 3 certificate in Warehousing & Storage providing a strong platform to develop a long-lasting career with Essity.
Who You Are
We would love to hear from you if you have a minimum of
- GCSEs at grades C / 4 or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English
You will also demonstrate
- The ability to effectively apply health and safety standards
- A willingness to work with others as part of a team
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Be dedicated to completing tasks under tight deadlines
- As you will receive training to drive a forklift truck as part of this apprenticeship you must be a minimum age of 18 at the time of submitting your application.
In this role you will work Monday to Friday and rotate day shifts which include the following working hours
(1) 6.00am – 2.00pm, (2) 7.00am – 3.00pm, (3) 8.00am – 4.00pm
What we can offer you
We offer an excellent starting salary (above the national minimum apprentice wage), plus competitive pension scheme, annual bonus earning potential, health cash plan, workwear, and holidays.
Most importantly we offer the opportunity for you to work for a global company at a local level and gain first-hand experience of world class logistics processes within the fast-moving consumer goods market.
Your start date if successful will be January / February 2022.
At Essity, we believe every career is as unique as the individual and empower employees to reach their full potential in a winning culture motivated by a powerful purpose.
At Essity, we embrace the individual and recognise the remarkable power that can be harnessed when different ideas, backgrounds, experiences, and perspective come together. If you apply for a job at Essity, you can be sure that the only criteria we consider for selection is professional experience, qualifications, key job-related attributes and working values.
Collaborative and Inclusive Culture | Empowering & Engaged Leaders | Working with Powerful Purpose & Sustainable Impact | Learning and Growing in your Career | Supporting Well-being & Sustainable Working Life | Life-changing Innovations | Competitive Total rewards