Apprentice Branch Assistant
Hayley Group is the largest independent distributor of engineering products and consumables in the United Kingdom. They are an equal opportunities employer, currently employing over 1,000 people, who continue to be a cornerstone of the business and are fundamental to providing industry-leading customer service.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Branch Assistant to join the ever-growing team at the Hayley Normanton branch.
Job Title: Apprentice Branch Assistant
Location: Hayley Normanton, Unit 4, Corinium Court, Premier Way North, Normanton, West Yorkshire, WF6 1FS
Working Hours: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday
The right candidate will be learning the roles & responsibilities performed by a Branch Assistant, whilst also undertaking a Level 2 Supply Chain/Warehouse Operative apprenticeship.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
* Picking orders efficiently and accurately
* Packing and dispatching orders (boxed or palletised) via internal and external transport
* Assisting with vending requirements
* Stock processing - receipt of goods, paperwork and shelving
* Stock-taking - counting and weighing from system
* Counterchecking orders
* Goods In - receipt of goods, loading and unloading of vehicles
* Trade counter sales - serving customers
* Use of pallet trucks, trolleys and various machinery
* Kit assembly
* Liaising with other branches across the network
* Ad-hoc duties as required
Skills & Requirements
* Good work ethic
* Must be PC literate - able to check stock on the computer system
* Good telephone manner and able to work as part of a team
* Good problem-solver
* Good dexterity and manual handling skills
On offer for this Apprentice Branch Assistant role is a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
To apply for this Apprentice Branch Assistant role please send your CV via this jobsite.
Please note that your CV will be forwarded to Hayley Group who will be in touch with you directly if they are interested in pursuing your application