Are you looking for an opportunity to start a career? Would you like to learn how to use the range of equipment and vehicles commonly used in a warehouse? If so, Essity’s Supply Chain Warehouse Operative apprenticeship will help equip you with the skills and knowledge to develop a long-lasting career.
At Essity we manufacture and sell products that are used every day, we break taboos and challenge convention, all with the intention of breaking down barriers to health and well-being globally.
In the UK we own and manufacture many leading brands, including Cushelle toilet tissue and Plenty kitchen roll. To support the manufacture of these essential products our supply chain teams work hard to ensure the teams have access to the right raw materials at the right time and that finished goods are ready for despatch.
About the role
Join Essity as a Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Apprentice and over 14 months you will have the opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge in all supply chain warehouse functions including unloading, picking, dispatch and stock control. Combined with this you will learn how to safely operate the machinery on site, interact with customers and understand how technology supports the operation of a warehouse. A great opportunity to develop a career.
What you will do
Through a combination of on the job learning and support from a tutor you will have the opportunity to learn and complete the following
- Understanding the importance of warehouse safety and environment issues
- Operating all warehouse equipment and machinery in a safe manner – counterbalance / reach trucks, ride on pallet trucks
- Completing daily machine safety checks
- Taking deliveries and completing quality checks of incoming goods
- Storing goods and moving stock in the warehouse through various methods
- Picking and packing orders
- Operating the warehouse management system
- Loading goods for dispatch
- Reworking products
- Undertaking daily stock counts
- Assisting with customer returns
- Cleaning / supporting the maintenance of high-level housekeeping standards
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will achieve a Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Apprenticeship providing a strong platform to develop a long-lasting career with Essity.
Who You Are
We would love to hear from you if you have a minimum of
- GCSEs at grades D / 3 or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English
You will also demonstrate
- The ability to effectively apply health and safety standards
- A willingness to work with others as part of a team
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Be dedicated to completing tasks under tight deadlines
- This apprenticeship will include some shift work.
What we can offer you
We offer an excellent starting salary (above the national minimum apprentice wage), plus competitive pension scheme, annual bonus earning potential, health cash plan, workwear, and holidays.
Most importantly we offer the opportunity for you to work for a global company at a local level and gain first-hand experience of world class supply chain processes within the fast-moving consumer goods market.
Your start date if successful will be early in 2022.
At Essity, we believe every career is as unique as the individual and empower employees to reach their full potential in a winning culture motivated by a powerful purpose.
At Essity, we embrace the individual and recognise the remarkable power that can be harnessed when different ideas, backgrounds, experiences, and perspective come together. If you apply for a job at Essity, you can be sure that the only criteria we consider for selection is professional experience, qualifications, key job-related attributes and working values.
Collaborative and Inclusive Culture | Empowering & Engaged Leaders | Working with Powerful Purpose & Sustainable Impact | Learning and Growing in your Career | Supporting Well-being & Sustainable Working Life | Life-changing Innovations | Competitive Total rewards