Aspiring Psychologist and Criminology graduates looking for SEN experience
* GBP80 to GBP90 per day
* Primary SEN Roles Available
* Full time position - Monday to Friday 8:30 to 15:30
* To start asap
Are you a kind-hearted individual with the patience and creativity to be a successful SEN Teaching Assistant? Working within SEN is incredibly rewarding but requires out of the box thinkers who are able to see beyond the labels of disability and uncover each child's potential and love for learning.
Within Schools, you will work with four broad categories of need: Communication and interaction, Cognition and learning, Social, emotional and mental health difficulties and Sensory and/or physical needs. Education and training in Special Needs or Health-care will be beneficial but not essential.
The SEN Teaching Assistant will work alongside the class teacher and therapy teams to ensure each child progresses towards their goals. As a SEN Teaching Assistant you will gain experience working with mild to severe learning difficulties, verbal and non-verbal communication techniques, physical disabilities and sensory impairment, Autism, and complex medical needs.
This is a hands-on role which may require some personal care, medication and restraining. A willingness to learn and participate in all tasks is vital. In addition to the teaching team, Schools work closely with a medical team and a therapy team.
SEN Teaching Assistants play a vital role in individualising support where students may learn through a sensory approach, play and practical activities or through a more formal approach. SEN Schools aim to prepare young people for their adult lives whether in employment, supported living or social care.
This role would suit candidates looking to gain experience towards a career or further education and training in occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, SEN Teaching, and working in the disability sector.
The Supply SEN Teaching Assistant will have:
* Strong understanding of the requirement to support pupils with additional needs
* Experience supporting young people with SEN would be advantageous
* Training in PECS, Makaton and Team Teach (desired but not essential)
* Adaptability, be motivated and able to take initiative
What Career Teachers can offer you:
* A dedicated recruitment consultant for your area
* Industry advice from a SEN consultant with a background in Special Educational Needs
* Tailored interview and trial preparation to ensure you are feeling confident and well prepared
* A dedicated compliance consultant to manage your file clearance
* An online time-sheet portal and PAYE pay options to make things quick and easy
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients