Recra are working in partnership with a small but growing defence contractor with over 40 years of history supplying equipment and services to British and Overseas forces. Our areas of activity centre around specialist military vehicle recovery and load handling systems. These systems include equipment of our own design, and often integrate Rotzler hydraulic winches.
Reporting to the Programme Manager you will be responsible for supporting the operational requirements of all our business units including Sales, Purchasing, Quality, Aftersales and Fulfilment. You will be responsible for completing regular and ad-hoc tasks, including:
* Sales: To take information from prospective customers, help determine appropriate technical solutions and draft quotes for review by the Programme Manager. To assist in the co-ordination of the MOD repair Programme, and assist in the preparation of project reports to both customers and senior management.
* Quality: To assist in the management of quality system documentation, organising, cataloguing and archiving of project information
* Purchasing: To assist the Programme Manager and Procurement Manager in sourcing spare parts, equipment and services, preparing information for review by the Procurement Manager, and assisting with Spares fulfilment.
* Aftersales: To assist the Field Service Representatives in administration of Aftersales activities, assisting with repairs and workshop tasks where appropriate.
* Engineering & Supportability: To assist the Engineering Manager, and the Supportability Manager, with administration, documentation and data processing tasks as required.
Some tasks will be physical, and require a hands-on approach, while other tasks will administrative requiring concentration and attention to detail.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
You will have completed secondary school education and achieved 7 or more GCSE Grade C (or equivalent) or higher, including English Maths and one science or business related subject.
You will have completed A-Levels, BTEC qualification (Level 2, or higher) or equivalent, in a technical subject and have achieved Grade Level X or higher
You have, and will be able to demonstrate an interest in technical subjects and equipment, but most importantly, be enthusiastic to learn about new equipment, systems and related business processes.
You will have an eye for detail, demand high standards of yourself and others, and be prepared to continuously improve the quality of your work.
You will have, or be working towards gaining your Driver's licence.
You will be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
You will be joining a small, busy and dynamic team working on a wide range of projects. You will be self motivated, be prepared to learn, and over time be able to contribute to a broad range business activities. Opportunities to specialise will develop over time, but this role will initially be varied and you will be expected to contribute wherever required.
For more information, please contact RECRA on (phone number removed)