Using several different databases, you will assist the Standards Manager in protecting the Company's products from being placed at a disadvantage in the market place by forthcoming changes in legislation or standards and gain an awareness of how these changes can impact on the business. Over a 12 month placement the successful candidate will be involved in:
* Researching, processing and archiving proposed changes to standards and legislation to assist the Standards Manager.
* Communicating suggested changes in standards and legislation to a cross-functional team of experts (both internal and external), external parties, Trade Associations, Standards Committees and Government Departments.
* Task ownership of tracking and updating changes to standards and legislation and communicating these changes to the departments network.
* Administrative support to the Standards Manager.
Development opportunities that the successful candidate will gain whilst on placement:
* Multiple opportunities to communicate and discuss crucial issues that are affecting the business with senior management.
* Development of existing knowledge and skills within the department to overall improve the candidates life and academic skills.
* Wider experience of business operations whilst maintaining a consumer focus attitude.
The successful candidate will be supported and encouraged to contribute to departmental practices and communicate with national and international colleagues to meet business goals. This role will involve hybrid working based on day to day requirements.
You will also be a key support to our Worcester Contact Centre, answering inbound phone calls. This will allow you to develop and enhance your communication skills for the future