Are you a mathematical person who loves analyzing data and creating reports?
Would you love to start a career in data with a market leading manufacturing company?
Our client is looking for a Data Technician Apprentice to join their team. You will have the opportunity to make a difference and help the company optimize its business operations. The role of the Apprentice Data Technician is to provide central support in the ongoing development of reporting and analytical functions across the business. You will achieve a Level 3 Data Technician qualification and valuable work experience upon completion of the apprenticeship, along with further opportunities to progress within the company.
My client manufacture precision parts, primarily serving the automotive, aerospace and power generation industries supplying a worldwide customer base. The company has three sites within the South West of England, one in Bath and two in Devizes and this position will be located within the Automotive division based in Devizes.
Within the role of Data Technician, you will report into the IT function of the business, and you will be working primarily with data from the company ERP system, supporting the business to make best use of data available and drive improvements in measurement, efficiency and control of business and manufacturing processes.
The main duties will be:
* Creating and maintaining reports using a variety of tools
* Assisting with the creation of report specifications
* Preparing weekly and monthly reporting packs
* Testing and maintaining reports as part of continuous updates to the ERP system
* Supporting the company with the use of reports and data.
* Developing our use of Dynamics ERP to provide the business with data
* Five passes at GCSE grade C (or grade 4) or above, including English and Maths. Statistics would also be advantageous.
* Intermediate Excel skills
In return my client offers a competitive salary package and benefits including private family healthcare