We have been asked to assist a training provider based in the South of England to recruit a two Business Development Advisors for the business; one based in Dorset/ South West of England and another based in Surrey.
The company, a government funded apprenticeship and short course provider, offer training within Health & Social Care, Early Years, Teaching Assistant, Residential Childcare and others. Your role, as a Business Development Advisor, will be to engage with employers and prospective apprentices in order to generate apprenticeship starts for the company. The successful candidate will use marketing strategies effectively to make this business the preferred choice for employers in your designated area, generating new levy clients and increasing their employer base. You will also account manage levy employers and large accounts within your allocated area.
- Generate quality leads through cold calling
- Record all employer engagement activity in accordance with company procedures
- Use employer packs and other marketing materials to motivate and engage with new employers and their apprentices
- Be responsive and proactive to the needs of the business and discuss new areas of opportunity
- Conduct Account Manager duties by phone/face to face
- Liaise effectively with the Marketing Manager to support employer and apprentice engagement
- Achieve monthly starts targets
- Achieve levy agreements signed targets
- Achieve new employer targets
- Prepare for monthly sales meetings, presenting relevant data and evidence
- Previous experience working in a sales environment
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- To travel effectively across a wide geographical area in order to undertake sales and sign up visits
- IAG Level 2 Qualification (DESIRABLE - can be trained).
- Knowledge of government fundning and apprenticeships (DESIRABLE)