Market 36 Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Foundry Apprentice for our client based in Braintree on a permanent basis.
Metal Casting, Foundry and Patternmaking, Technician Level 3
Our client manufactures and supplies Cast Metal Products for the engineering and construction sectors. This is an excellent opportunity to work within an organisation with a varied project workload and excellent scope for progression.
The qualification is suitable for those wishing to pursue or advance a technical career in the metal casting, foundry, and patternmaking industry. Typical career pathways include Foundry Technician and Patternmaker.
This programme has been designed to give you the technical and practical education you will need to complete and progress in the Cast Metals, Foundry and Patternmaking industry. You will develop an understanding of casting, foundry, and patternmaking processes as well as the underlying principles.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Working within the production departments learning the skills required within the foundry industry.
- Moulding and Core Making
- Pattern Making
- Methods Development
- Foundry Material and Process Control
- Foundry Production - fettling, shotblasting, machining, labouring etc.
- Melting and Metal Transfer Process
- Post Casting
- Inspection and Quality Control
* Fettling of parts to required finishes using various tools including angle grinders, upright linishers, hand operated air linishers, hand files, chisels etc.
* Cutting off risers, runners, and excess material.
* Operating cranes to move heavy parts.
* Using various tools and machines in various departments.
* Work in a safe and efficient manner.
* Willing to travel and stay away from home for training 1 week per month.
Knowledge and Skills:
* An interest in production engineering is desired.
* Happy to work in a heavy industrial engineering environment.
* No experience is required but advantageous.
* Hard working and motivated
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Ideally have minimum 5 GCSE's including Maths & English and Science (C/4 or above) are typically required however all interested candidates will be considered as a positive attitude to learning is the most important attribute.
Working hours are Monday - Thursday 7.00am - 3.30pm and Friday 7.00am - 2.30pm (minimum 39 hours per week). Additional hours and weekends available.
In return our client is offering up to GBP7.22 - GBP9.08 per hour (including attendance bonus).
Training (External): Any required training by external providers will be organised as required. You will be required to attend the Tipton Training Centre in the West Midlands approximately 1 week per month.
The course is delivered by 'Foundry Training Services' in Tipton, West Midlands. Course duration usually 27-33 months. You will be provided with travelling costs, meals and accommodation whilst attending at Tipton and for any other course requirements.
Course fees are fully funded.
Training (In-house): You will be given a mentor throughout your training. You will be given any specific toolbox talks including health and safety requirements for each operation. An assessment of training areas appropriate to both you and the Company needs will be agreed during your formal reviews.
Our client also offers 30 days annual leave per annum (8 statutory days plus 22 days), annual FSEG event, attendance bonus GBP1 per hour worked (standard contracted hours only), annual bonus (not guaranteed), company pension scheme, Christmas vouchers, workwear provided and laundered, onsite canteen with free fruit, coffee/tea, milk and cold water machine, onsite parking.
Market 36 Recruitment Ltd cover a variety of sectors including Commercial, Industrial, Engineering, and Property/Estate Agency as well as many more. We take pride on building strong working relationships with local employers and candidates