PETA Ltd are looking to source an exceptional Engineering Maintenance Engineer Apprentice for our client. As a maintenance engineer you will be interested in taking things apart to find out how they work. This role will involve carrying out planned, unplanned and preventative maintenance on plant /equipment
You will learn how to remove components assess their condition then replace/repair them, returning plant and equipment to an operational condition. You will also learn how to diagnose and determine the cause of faults in plant and equipment. Maintenance engineers also position, assemble, install and dismantle plant equipment.
As a maintenance engineer apprentice this programme forms part of our clients succession planning for the future. They will support your personal and professional development. You will be trained, supported and monitored throughout the process
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship you will be required to attend PETA's Havant training centre for off-the-job training. This will start as 12 months of day release when you will complete your foundation skills training.
* Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
* Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
* Using and communicating technical information
* Producing components using hand fitting techniques
* Maintaining mechanical equipment/systems
* Maintaining electrical equipment/systems
You will then pass through the foundation Gateway to complete your skills development training in years 2 - 4 with your employer. Your Level 3 development programme will include:
Level 3 Advanced Engineering (Development Competence) delivered in the workplace by your PETA Job Coach, and day release for 24 months to complete a Level 3 Btec technical certificate.
Overall duration 45 months
As a maintenance engineer apprentice, you will learn how to work safely at all times. This role is focused on supporting the manufacturing processes on site, minimising down time and ensuring efficient set up changeovers.
* You will learn how to undertake daily rounds and record status information on complex plant equipment
* This will include inspecting plant and equipment including Air Compressors, De-Ionized Water Systems, Autoclaves, Air Handling and A/C Systems, Fire Pumps and Sprinkler Systems and Steam Systems
* Learn how to carry out emergency repairs on facilities support services and building infrastructure
* As a maintenance engineer apprentice you will become competent reading and interpreting information, technical specifications and supporting documentation,
* You will learn how to assess and test the performance and condition of plant and equipment
* As a maintenance engineer apprentice you will become competent locating and rectify faults on plant and equipment
* You will learn how to carry out emergency repairs on facilities support services and building infrastructure.
* This job will mean preparing work areas and reinstating those areas after the completion of the work-related activities
* Upon completion of work you will communicate, handover and confirm that the appropriate process has been completed
* As a maintenance engineer apprentice you you will develop communication skills enabling you to provide information to internal and external stakeholders
* 5 GCSE's at grade C or above (or equivalents) in Maths and English are essential
* Good attention to detail and take pride in completing work to a high quality level
* Enthusiastic team player
* Your motivation and drive are the assets that will be best appreciated.
* You will possess excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with peers and management
* Your positive attitude and a willingness to learn will be key assets
* It is likely that travel between CooperVision sites will be needed and as such a full driving license and own transportation is desirable
* You will have a good level of dexterity and hand skills
* Demonstrate a real interest in maintaining mechanical and electrical items is desirable
* You will have good hand to eye co-ordination
* Your methodical and logical approach to problem solving will enable you to perform to make a positive contribution to all aspects of the job
* You need to be able to learn through instruction and experience
Our client is one of the world's leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses. They produce a range of daily disposable contact lenses, all featuring advanced materials and optics. They are looking for Maintenance Engineer Apprentices to join their ongoing programme maintaining their production equipment and site facilities in Hamble. As part of this programme you will have the chance to gain skills and experience of engineering in their Central Engineering and Facilities department. The key objectives of this apprenticeship are to develop technical engineering knowledge, skills and competence through formal Engineering qualifications with their local training partner PETA, and also with our experienced engineering team. Our clients employees pride themselves on being proactive, innovative, flexible and friendly. This is a reflection of our corporate culture and part of the reason they are a great place to work. They're big on belonging, because being part of something great is what makes our company the best it can be. We value diversity, because you can see a whole lot more when you have different perspectives. They're an ambitious company, to help them achieve their goals, they'll give you all you need to achieve yours.
If you have the focus and ambition required to be successful as a Maintenance Engineer apprentice, APPLY NOW