SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.
We aim to be the most competitive and the most productive service organization in the world. Our core competencies in inspection, verification, testing and certification are being continuously improved to be best-in-class. They are at the heart of what we are.
Job Title: Apprentice- Systems Support Administrator
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 per week
Job Location: Station Road, Oldbury
Salary: As an apprentice Systems Support Administrator, you'll receive GBP6.80 per hour, plus you'll benefit from a contributory pension scheme.
As an apprentice Systems Support Administrator you'll be responsible for:
* To support and assist the Local Super User and Continual Improvement Manager with the effective monitoring of systems data, running and utilising reports, and to assist in the 'cleansing' of data.
* Provision of data to external bodies and internal users in a timely and accurate manner.
* The provision and maintenance of SharePoint sites required by the business.
* Provide end user support and assistance to problem resolution by logging appropriate actions with the Global Helpdesk and GBS Communication site.
* Implement corrective action as required to maintain or improve operating systems.
* Support the testing and implementation of new Knowledge databases to ensure effective operations of business and ongoing profitability.
* This is not an exhaustive list of duties, which may be varied by your varied by your manager in the interests of the business.
* Ensure full compliance with the Company's Code of Integrity & Professional Conduct, and at all times adopt behaviour in accordance with SGS UK's Equality & Diversity policy.
* At all times, adopt a safe behaviour by exercising due regard for the health and safety of yourself, colleagues and clients, in line with the Company's policies and procedures.
To be successful in this role, you'll need (extensive and) recent experience
* Good Microsoft Office experience (specifically Excel and Word)
* Customer service experience
In addition to the above you'll also need to demonstrate the following;
* GCSE Level Maths/English (or equivalent)
* Ability to deal with people in remote locations
* Communication skills
* General administrative and office skills
The following attributes would be desirable, but not essential;
* Operating in a dynamic environment demanding multi tasking
* Dealing with people in remote locations
* Dealing with people in all levels of an organisation
* Ability to operate in a dynamic environment demanding multi tasking
* Ability to deal with people in all levels of an organisation
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days