As part of the Staffordshire Digital Innovation Partnerships project, Staffordshire University has entered into a partnership with an innovative and growing Staffordshire based not-for-profit company with an award-winning undergraduate and graduate experience. Mondrem CIC work to transform public services into rewarding and fulfilling places to work - able to deliver the outstanding outcomes they are capable of.
We are looking to recruit a graduate to take on a 3 month project working on a specific software development project which will improve the planning application process in the UK. The project will be completed remotely - on-site working will be subject to UK government guidelines.
The project will:
* Be focused on making the stages and status in the planning application process accessible to all the stakeholders
* Involve designing a wireframe system which will be used to design and develop a prototype of the software that will need to be developed, including; How the product will look; How it will work; How it will connect with other systems; What new software will need to be developed
Through on-the-job learning, job shadowing and support from colleagues, you will lead on the software development of the product and work closely with the Product Development Lead during the process.
You will work in a disciplined and organised way, including presenting to the project manager a weekly written report of your work. You will also present a progress report every fourth week to the company director. Full help and support will be given to organise and maintain discipline in your work, as well as instruction to create your progress report (also called a highlight report).
Duties and responsibilities
* Work with colleagues to review product design ideas
* Work with the company to create a project plan
* Work with colleagues to design and build the wireframe and prototype
* Test systems before and during implementation ensuring minimum disruption to the business
* Assist creation of user guide for the prototype
* Trouble shooting of the prototype
* Report on project impact
Skills and experience
* Knowledge of UI/UX, usability and accessibility best practices
* Interest in and passion for new product design
* Experience in building interactive front ends - transitions, animations, data visualisation
* Familiar with languages such as PHP, Laravel, Java, Python
* Experience of developing software in an agile environment using Scrum or Kanban
* Strong communication skills, being able to work as part of a team and as an individual
* The company wishes to create a "beautiful" product so an interest in design is desirable
Smart Innovation Hub, Keele University campus
The position is offered on a full time, fixed term contract for 3 months
Hours and Days: Mon-Fri, 9am - 5pm or similar
Dress Code: Smart Casual
Rate of pay: GBP9.60ph (equivalent to GBP18,529 per annum)
Start Date: ASAP
The role will be completed remotely. On-site working will be subject to government guidelines.
Business Location: Smart Innovation Hub, Keele University campus