Brief overview of the role
To assist the kitchen team in the day to day operation and develop skills and knowledge as a chef
Applications for apprenticeship
Monday to Friday. Working week to be confirmed by employer.
Total hours per week: 30.00
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Assist senior chefs in all food preparation
- Responsible for executing allocated dishes on time to the required standard
- Work as part of the kitchen team under the direction of the head chef, sous chef and chef de parties to support the demands of the kitchen
- Assist in cleaning and tidying kitchen areas as per the daily/weekly/monthly cleaning schedules
- Maintain fridges – keep clean, organised and all products dated, with stock rotation implemented
- Maintain dry store area – keep clean, organised and clearly labelled, with stock rotation implemented
- Communicate with Chefs regarding stock requirements
- Attend college and complete 2 year apprenticeship
- Work in a clean and tidy manner
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn from senior chefs
- Undertake training as required
- Maintain a positive and proactive attitude at all times
- Actively seek to improve skills and achieve personal development
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Comply at all times with the Saffron Company Handbook.
- Comply with the provisions of your contract and any of our Company Policies and set an example for more junior members of staff.
- Seek to ensure at all times that all visitors or guests on our sites have the best experience possible.
Requirements and prospects
Brief overview about you (Employer): Saffron Outside Catering has crafted an excellent reputation providing friendly, bespoke and indulgent catering throughout the Midlands. Using the very best of local and seasonal produce from the local area, our team of talented staff provides bespoke menus adapting to each clients’ varying ideas and concepts.
Whether it be for a wedding, BBQ or even a buffet for hundreds or a unique and intimate social evening at home we can provide the perfect menu and food for you and your guests. Our team of chefs pride themselves on creating memorable food for every occasion and are renowned for using the finest ingredients in delicious, creative ways.
As an Apprentice Chef you are required to demonstrate knowledge of the following -
Occupational Health and Safety Act
Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS)
Federal and Provincial regulations on food handling and serving
FIFO (First In, First Out) Food Storage procedures
Sanitation and Food Safety
Use of Wines, Liquors and Spirits in cooking
Experience within the hospitality industry would be beneficial
You have a strong willingness and optimistic attitude, to grow within this role
You have a genuine desire to please clients and deliver the WOW factor at each and every event
You are highly professional and positive in your thoughts, words, action and appearance
You are extremely organised and efficient and deliver on results even under pressure
The work you produce is consistently neat and presentable and you have an excellent eye for detail and accuracy
You will fully live the vision, mission and culture of Saffron
You enjoy working independently as well as in a team and have an eye and passion for perfection in everything you do
You must have the ability to manage client’s high expectations with confidence and empathy
You must have a positive attitude towards your work, with your clients and work colleagues
You are accomplished at using Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet Explorer
You have a valid driving license with less than 3 penalty points and agree to drive the company vehicles if requested
You understand and with a cheerful positivity accept that this role at times involves unsociable hours
Dedication to create a strong team around you, training according to our own high standards and expectations
Effective working as part of the senior management team and feeling confident to contribute accordingly
GCSEs or equivelent
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as a strong sense of self-assurance
A positive attitude and a strong work ethic are required.
It gives me great pleasure to deliver high-quality results.
Outstanding organisational and administrative abilities
Employer is not registered as Disability Confident
Saffron Outside Catering has crafted an excellent reputation providing friendly, bespoke and indulgent catering throughout the Midlands. Using the very best of local and seasonal produce from the local area, our team of talented staff provides bespoke menus adapting to each clients’ varying ideas and concepts.
Whether it be for a wedding, BBQ or even a buffet for hundreds or a unique and intimate social evening at home, we can provide the perfect menu and food for you and your guests. Our team of chefs pride themselves on creating memorable food for every occasion and are renowned for using the finest ingredients in delicious, creative ways.
The Tess Group
None specified. This message will not appear on the vacancy when it goes live
Training to be provided
Commis chef level 2
Training will be provided for saffron catering (commis chef).