The Apprentice Engineering Steel Erector role encompasses the installation and dismantling of the capital plant steel infrastructure which makes up engineering and construction projects. Working with a site team using static and mobile moving and lifting equipment and accessories and as the assembly of the structure progresses, can involve the use of additional specialist access equipment. Erectors will use powered as well as non-powered hand tools to assemble the structure, this can also require the fixing of metal decking, safety netting and edge rails to facilitate safe working.
This is to start Feb 2022 - and will be first 12 months of being based at college in Blackburn then will be on site in Hinkley.
Apprenticeship will include :
- Reviewing technical plans drawn by engineers
- Planning project assembly
- Cutting and shaping steel
- Operating hand and power tools
- Installing and fixing together steel beams, columns and plate sections to make a steel framework
- Fixing safety netting and edge rails
- Lifting and guiding components into position with tower cranes
- Lining up and levelling steelwork before bolting it in place
- Working on-site, often at height.
- Implementation and adhering to all health and safety policies and complete all paperwork relating to health and safety.
Minimum of GCSE grade 4-9 (A-C) and above in Maths, Science and English
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.