Kibblestone is a 98-acre Scout campsite located in the Midlands, with several accommodation blocks ranging in size and price and enough camping space to accommodate 2,000 campers. They provide a wide range of adventurous and team building activities to suit groups of all ages and abilities.
Kibblestone District Scout Council is looking to recruit 2 Outdoor Activity Instructors for a 13-month Apprenticeship starting in January 2022.
As an Apprentice Instructor you will deliver exciting and fun activity sessions to Kibblestone’s guests, who range from Schools, Scouts and Guides and some adult groups. The apprenticeship will consist of on-site training as well as attending some external courses leading to you running sessions with guests on your own.
Apprentice Instructors will be dynamic and have a passion for wanting to work in the outdoor industry. You will need to be confident, outgoing and have the ability to stand in front of a group of people and fill them with enthusiasm about the outdoors. You will be in the limelight representing Kibblestone and so will need to conduct yourself in a way that promotes the centre and the outdoors. You will be responsible for ensuring the groups staying with us have the best of experiences.
While working at Kibblestone Scout Campsite & Activity Centre you could obtain the following qualifications:
- Customer Care Training
- Safeguarding training and certificate
- Manual Handling (ITC Level 2 Award in safe moving and handling
- Prevent Training
- 2 Day ITC Level 3 Award in Outdoor First Aid
- COSHH Training
- Climbing Wall Instructor Award Training
- A range of NGB awards dependent upon individual and employer aspirations
- NSRA Award
Day to day duties:
- Undertake an apprenticeship programme of on and off the job training and professional development.
- Work with customers and centre teams to deliver high quality adventure experiences.
- Assist with the maintenance, preparation, organisation and issuing of equipment.
- Assist in the daily site duties to ensure a functional environment to deliver residential experiences.
- Undertake evening duties on a rota basis, assisting the supervision of groups and provision of evening activities.
- Assist in ensuring that a safe environment exists for all visitors to the Centre.
- Undertake other reasonable duties as may be required by the Centre Management.
- Contribute to a welcoming and supportive ethos, working flexibly when necessary to support colleagues.
Skills and qualifications:
- Ability to teach and speak in front of a group.
- Ability to take responsibility for a group of young people and manage their safety.
- Ability to adapt easily to situations and demonstrate a willingness to learn
- 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English grade 4/C or above (or be willing to work towards a Level 2 functional skills if you previously achieved a grade 3/D at GCSE or have passed Level 1 Functional skills)
This role will require regular weekend and evening working, and some bank holidays.
As a youth focused organisation, applicants agree to comply at all times with the safeguarding rules including vetting and Basic/Enhanced DBS checks.
Candidates must be a minimum age of 18 years on start date and must be a UK Citizen.
There may be opportunities to continue with Kibblestone and develop your career in the outdoor activities sector.
Salary: Weekly Wage is £159.10
Working Hours: 37 hours per week minimum (hours will vary and be higher in the busiest parts of the summer season.)
Holiday: Holidays 20 days plus bank holidays (Pro-Rota)
Closing date: Monday 29th November 2021
Interviews: From 30th November to 12th December 2021
Possible start date: 24th January 2022