The Walt Disney Company has been at the forefront of family entertainment for more than 75 years, touching the hearts of old, young and generations to come. As a Software Engineering Apprentice for the Enterprise Technology International Engineering Team, you will help the organisation as it aims to analyse, develop, manage and migrate vital systems in the Corporate Business Systems & Application portfolio. Along this journey, you will be introduced to a number of technologies, development practices and technical processes.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
- Working as part of the team adhering to its processes and standards
- Creation of User Interface designs that satisfy business requirements and maintaining existing software assets to ensure they meet the business needs and perform as expected
- Support Quality Assurance through testing systems to ensure that our business requirements are met
- Assist with DevOps processes using tools (e.g. GitLab) and scripting languages (e.g. Powershell)
- Assist in handover of solutions to the Sustainment / Operations Team
- Assist with documentation and administration of applications
- Strive to learn new technologies and techniques
- Adhere to IT controls for Management Audit, SOX, GDPR, Policy Shield, etc..
- Learn something new everyday
- Be an ambassador of Disney and safeguard our reputation
- Must be on target to achieve / have already achieved 2 C’s or above at A-Level or BTEC (2 year extended BTEC)
- One of these A-Levels at C grade or above must be in a STEM subject – Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths
- Must have achieved 5 grades 4 - 9 at GCSE (C or above) including Maths and English
- Must have the right to work in the UK already in place
- Must be available to start the apprenticeship in September 2022
What are we looking for
- Desire to learn
- Experience using MS Windows
- Experience using Relational Databases and SQL (e.g. MS SQL Server)
- Object Oriented Programming language (e.g. C#)
- Experience using HTML and CSS
- Passion for software development
- Ability to work using own initiative
- Organised, thorough and rigorous
- Good communication skills
- Work well with others – team player
What We Offer
- Develop your workplace skills and experience and help build the foundations of your future career within a best in class IT/Tech function
- You’ll study towards the Level 4 Software Engineering Apprenticeship.
- This programme is 18 months long
- 20% of your working hours will be allocated to study time for your Apprenticeship
- Support from our trusted training provider
- Competitive salary with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Great discounts on Disney products!
How To Apply
Apply with your CV and cover letter via the link on this page. Please note that applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Your cover letter should be approximately 400 words and include the following:
- Why have you chosen this Apprenticeship?
- Why have you chosen Disney?
- What qualities do you possess that would encourage Disney to choose you for the Apprenticeship?
Please only apply to one Apprenticeship position. We offer several Apprenticeship opportunities across our business and if appropriate we will consider you for all relevant opportunities when you apply.
The application deadline is Sunday 27th February 2022 however, if we receive a high volume of applications we may close the role before this date, therefore we strongly advise you to apply early.
Should you need to reach out to us regarding potential support in the recruitment process, for example to discuss what adjustments you might require, then please drop us an email in advance toRecruitment.London@disney.com and we will happily pick up a conversation on this.
For hints and tips on your application, please check out our guide here: https://disneycasting.net/kenexa/profintern/Candidate_Hints_and_Tips.pdf