About the Department
The Technology Development & Digitalisation department are a team embedded within Booth Welsh, who are an established multi-discipline engineering services company with 30+ years' experience in process control industries.
Our department is key to developing and delivering cutting edge VR/AR, data acquisition and bespoke mechatronic technologies both internally and to a wide range of clients throughout the engineering, technology and manufacturing sector.
About the role
We are looking for a creative and forward-thinking Graduate Software Engineer to join our innovative team on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Department Head, you will work on a variety of cutting-edge projects including programming, creating UI's and day to day engineering & development of our technology. You will be working closely with innovative software and hardware where no two days will be the same.
As innovation and development is a key principle of our work, you will have the opportunity to work hands on with both the technology and on wider engineering projects. This requires a keen interest in the subject matter and a desire to constantly push the envelope of both the technology and its application.
In addition, you will receive a competitive salary and opportunity to grow and develop within a dynamic business. Booth Welsh has a strong community spirit and commitment to employee wellbeing and development hosting several social events during the year.
To succeed in this role the following experience would be desirable
* Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Software Engineering or similar discipline
* Experience coding with multiple programming languages (Python, C++, C#)
* Web development experience
* Experience creating UI's front-end applications
* Knowledge of MQTT and OPC protocols
* Entrepreneurial spirit and eagerness to contribute to innovation
* Keen interest in engineering technology
Nice to have
Whilst not essential, the following would be a benefit to the role
* Experience with Unity / Unreal Engine
* Placement or internship within the Engineering Industry
* Mobile app development experience