What will the apprentice be doing?
The apprentice will work school hours Monday-Friday, with at least 20% of time spent on studying for the Level 4 Sports Coach Apprenticeship.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Provide high quality coaching to children of varying ages and abilities
- Improve the quality of PE lessons in a school setting
- Willing to contribute to developing inclusive extra-curricular clubs
- Delivering appropriate coaching pedagogies and processes that align to national curriculum and considers the school context
The apprentice will undertake the Level 4 School Sport Coach qualification.
The training will be delivered on-site, with portfolios being completed remotely. Knowledge covered includes:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Coaching philosophies and professional practice.
- Transformational coaching methods and planning techniques
- Curriculum design methods
- Coaching team development and deployment techniques
- Methods to ensure impact of coaching strategies
- Session planning techniques that consinder each child's unique profile
Successful completers of the apprenticeship will have the opportunity to enter into full or part time employment with PErformance Teachers as a Sports Coach or Unqualified Teacher.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Patience, Passion for sport Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Any x5 (Grade 4 and above) Desired
Other UKCC Coaching Qualification (Grade Level 2) Essential