We are looking for enthusiastic web developers who are keen to learn and add to their existing web development skills. They will learn how web development in a team environment works, from start to finish.
This is an incredible opportunity to learn the fundamental skills necessary to start a career in web development. Training is provided by highly skilled professional web developers who will equip you with the knowledge and experience to fast track your way to becoming a web developer. Everything you learn during the training sessions will be absolutely current and applicable to your work. Group training will be with other web development apprentices, giving you the opportunity to learn from and support each other.
In the workplace you will be designated a Mentor - an experienced web developer who will be responsible for your learning at work. Your duties will include:
- Shadowing and pair-programming with our back-end developers
- Managing the service desk as first line support. Triaging website bugs, raising support tickets and working with the developers to fix
- Working on new feature specifications, roadmaps and requirement gathering
- Monitoring website performance, slow running queries and error logs
- Analysing user data and user recordings to improve UX
We are looking for Apprentice Web Developers; people that enjoy programming, coding and building websites. You must be passionate about web development; self-motivated; determined to learn and develop new skills; and driven to succeed.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- We are looking for someone who shows an interest in web development and an enthusiasm for learning new things
- Someone who uses a range of learning resources to develop new skills, such as online, books or trial and error. You will definitely need to enjoy learning and exploring, as there's always something new to master in this industry and everything changes pretty fast
- Web development is not just about code, you will need to be able to communicate well with your team and maybe clients too. You'll also need to be reliable and have a can-do approach to your workload
- Asking questions is often key to developing new skills quickly but you will also be required to research and learn things by yourself
- Someone with an enthusiastic and professional attitude and a commitment to learning new skills
- You will need to be punctual, reliable, honest and have a strong work ethic
- You must be able to work as part of a team and contribute to team meetings, but also be able to work on your own to targets and deadlines
- Ideally 5 9-4/A*-C GCSEs (or equivalents) including maths and English
- If you do well in this apprenticeship you may be offered a permanent position