Our client is looking for a Graduate Civil Engineer to join their busy and expanding multi-disciplinary consultancy office in Leamington Spa.
This is a great opportunity in a business which is large enough to have an established structure and support base, but small enough for an ambitious individual to make an impact.
Education & Learning Experience:
Degree in an appropriate 'built environment' discipline and working towards membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers or similar learned society/professional body.
However, applicants with HND/C or significant relevant experience also welcomed.
- Use of AutoCAD/Autodesk Civil 3D (optional).
- Basic use of Microsoft Office software packages i.e. Excel, Word, etc.
- Fundamentals of civil engineering design to a graduate level.
- Enthusiastic and personable attitude.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage own workload within agreed time scales.
Main Duties (support / undertake):
- Pre-purchase feasibility studies and resolution of planning conditions including drainage feasibility and highways considerations.
- Flood risk assessments (flood modelling undertaken by in-house team).
- Detailed drawings and calculations to technical approval for adoptable highways and drainage to Building Control, NHBC, S278, S38, S104, etc.
- Preparation of 3D ground models for volume calculations, cut and fill exercises, vertical road profiles, etc.
- Liaise with clients and external agencies i.e. Environment Agency, Local Highway Authorities, Water Authorities, etc.
- Exercise due care and diligence in all aspects of engineering design and detailing.
Training & Development:
- You will be encouraged to work towards a Professional Qualification commensurate with your Academic Qualifications.
- You will be expected to attend in-house and external training courses, seminars and institution events
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Adam Butler at Carrington West on (phone number removed) for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us