We have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate or Junior Mechanical Engineer to join a dynamic engineering team at their site in Thurmaston, Leicestershire.
Joining a dynamic team and reporting directly to the Engineering Director and Senior Engineer, the Mechanical Engineer will work with a leading manufacturer of domestic lighting systems.
You will support the full life cycle of the engineered product from initial design, through manufacturing development process and customer release.
* Work on the development of new products, based on market research and customer requirements
* Work with the Factory, Sales and Customer Service teams to identify and reduce production related errors
* Work on projects to help improve the overall performance and specification of the existing product portfolio
* Carrying out detailed design work using Solidworks CAD system
* Actively input into potential new designs
* Assist with solving customer service issues
* Carry out internal build and test of prototypes including documentation
* HND or degree qualified in a suitable subject - preferably Mechanical Engineering
* Solidworks experience or a similar CAD system.
* An understanding of electrical circuits would be useful.
* Experience of extrusions (aluminium or plastic) would be useful, but not essential
* An understanding of general processes within manufacturing would be useful.
* Able to use standard Microsoft office software, especially Excel