Assistant Accountant Apprentice:
Working as part of our General Ledger on the Record to Report Team, you will be working on the management accounting reporting for a dealer franchise group working alongside a Management accountant.
The main tasks would be:
- Perform general accounting support and month-end, whilst reviewing and analysing information from General Ledger and other accounting records to ensure accuracy and completeness, and take corrective action as appropriate
- Address audit inquiries and investigations
- Create trial balances and draft financial statements, undertake the reconciliation of General Ledger or balance sheet accounts and support in the production of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company guidelines
- Undertake the execution of period-end accounting entries by posting manual journal entries and processing recharges, whilst ensuring that processes are correctly followed
- Take care of the preparation of the month-end and year-end close process
- Complete any necessary training, and maintain confidentiality and data protection guidelines at all times
- Support with project-related activities and other duties within the Record-to-Report pillar as required
- Liaise with the dealership teams to resolve accounting queries across the process towers.
- Payment approval for bank payments
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Full proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, with knowledge of ERP systems, processes and some understanding of workflow technology
- Great organisation skills, being able to manage time effectively and independently deliver high quality work to tightdeadlines in a fast-moving environment
- GCSEs (or equivalent) grade A-C or 8-4 and above including maths & English
- A-Levels in relevant subjects
- AAT Level 3 is preferable but not essential
Progression through Head office/regional roles:
(Accounts assistant, Assistant accounts, Management accountants, Dealer Business Partners, Franchise Business Partners, Corporate finance roles).
We also have leadership roles within process towers.Things to consider
- 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Exclusive Associate Offers from high street discounts to new car deals