As a Trainee Accountant (Apprentice) you will provide support to both internal staff and external clients and will work predominately with the team.
Part of your role will involve assisting in the day-to-day financial activities, these will include but are not limited to data entry, month end VAT Returns and management accounts and year-end financial accounts and tax returns.
Responsibilities will include:
• Assisting with financial and management accounts preparation for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies
• Assisting with managing client expectations and deadlines
• Assisting with the preparation of personal and business tax returns
• Carrying out bookkeeping activities including journal postings and ledger reconciliations
• Processing client records accurately using Xero, QuickBooks and other accountancy software.
• Preparation of VAT returns and management accounts
• Assisting with general administrative duties including meeting and greeting clients, filing, answering the telephone and supporting the team to meet deadlines as required