MSC Direct are a leading metalworking distributor who pride themselves in providing an exceptional world class service. They are looking to expand their team and want to offer a great opportunity, for the right person, to join them as a Accounts and Administration Apprentice.
As an assistant in finance and as an apprentice, you will learn how to offer support with the day-to-day running of financial activities in the organisation. Duties are to include (please note that this list is not exhaustive):-
* Perform duties of the role, delivering upon accountabilities to achieve goals, deadlines and targets.
* Continually deliver excellent customer service through day to day activity.
* Operate cross-functionality as a member of Tearm MSC.
* Operate consistently and respectfully in line with our mission, values and pledge understanding the business and how it is aligned to the strategy.
* Open daily post and circulate to the approproate departments, also parcel distribution. Manage end of day postal service pick ups.
* Send and receive emails regarding orders pending, queries or general issues.
* Collection of outstanding debts via phone and email. Email out copy invoices for obtaining payment, record customers queries on account, whilst remaining polite and assertive.
* Allocating customers cheques to the appropriate account and clear down invoices.
* Assist on customers credit limits to be able to release customer orders.
* Liaise wiith the lawyers in the legal department as to updating which accounts are overdue or settled.
* Upload supplier invoices and oversee stock and drop orders.
* Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements, and request copy invoices or POD's.
*Investigate RTV/customer service deductions.
* Obtain trade reference.
* General administrative duties and supporting the accounts function.
* Capable of making constructive contributons/suggestions to improve the team.
* Good standard of verbal and written communication
* Good standard of numeracy skills.
* Capable of judgement and decision-making skills.
Develops and maintains co-operative relationships with others.
* Promotes a positive work environment.
* Understands customer requirements.
* Good natured/mature attitude
GCSE Maths and English C/4 or equivalent.
Achievement of an AAT Level 2 in accounting is advantageous but not essential.
The business would be keen to offer permanent employment to the right person, subject to the successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Monday-Friday 9am-5pm (30 minutes unpaid lunch)
Total hours 37.5 per week
Weekly wage - GBP173.25
Depending upon any previous experience this will be either a Level 2 or Level 3 AAT qualification. This will mean one day per week at college