Join Disney for a challenging and rewarding Apprenticeship!
As a Digital Support Technician Apprentice you will be immersed within the Digital Operations team in EMEA. This team provides first line technical support, system administration, best practice advice and liaison between business and other technical teams for Disney digital products and the variety of publishing systems that support them.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Typical responsibilities within the role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide technical and website build support to web producers across the multiple lines of business across the company and various CMS systems.
- Carry out CMS user management and other tasks requiring admin-level access to our CMS systems.
- Peer review new web page builds to ensure best practice guidelines were followed and that pages render correctly across desktop/tablet/mobile.
- Support new website builds. At a junior level this means assisting the senior Tech Producer, and supporting producers and designers on the technical aspects to complete a build. This could include giving advice on module usage, and exploring what is possible in the CMS with the Design team.
- Assist the senior Tech Producer with bug and issue investigations that are reported by Content Producers, and log these in the issue reporting tool as required.
- Work closely with Disney’s Studios department and external ticketing providers on domain management. Raise tickets to request domain purchases and CNAMEs/redirects, and act as liaison between the external providers and the Disney DNS teams.
- Upload movie trailers into our video asset management system, as requested by our Studios team.
- Create property codes when requested by Production team.
- Must have achieved / be on target to achieve 2 C’s or above at A-Level (if you have studied ICT or similar this is a bonus, but not a pre-requisite)
- Must have achieved 5 grades 4 - 9 at GCSE (C or above)
- Must have the right to work in the UK already in place
- Must be available to start the apprenticeship in September 2022
What we look for
- Enthusiasm to learn. This is an apprenticeship! We don’t expect you to come with all the skills and knowledge, but we do want interest. We want you to be eager to learn the job and to be committed to your apprenticeship studies too.
- A passion to start a career in technology.
- Collaborative approach.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner.
- Ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and undertake various administrative duties.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office
What We Offer
- Develop your workplace skills and experience and help build the foundations of your future career within a best in class Technology function
- You’ll study towards the Level 3 Digital Support Technician Apprenticeship
- This programme is 18 months long
- 20% of your working hours will be allocated to study time for your Apprenticeship
- Support from our trusted training provider
- Competitive salary with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Great discounts on Disney products!
How To Apply
Apply with your CV and cover letter via the link on this page. Please note that applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Your cover letter should be approximately 400 words and include the following:
- Why have you chosen this Apprenticeship?
- Why have you chosen Disney?
- What qualities do you possess that would encourage Disney to choose you for the Apprenticeship?
Please only apply to one Apprenticeship position. We offer several Apprenticeship opportunities across our business and if appropriate we will consider you for all relevant opportunities when you apply.
The application deadline is Sunday 27th February 2022 however, if we receive a high volume of applications we may close the role before this date, therefore we strongly advise you to apply early.
Should you need to reach out to us regarding potential support in the recruitment process, for example to discuss what adjustments you might require, then please drop us an email in advance toRecruitment.London@disney.com and we will happily pick up a conversation on this.