Fire & Security Apprentice Engineers
Prime Purpose Serve as a primary contact to meet our customer needs, to manage new installations, planned visits or reactive response calls. The individual is responsible for the effective and successful completion of the visit to improve our customer experience and meet our customers high expectations.
Attend Knowledge and development sessions outlined by apprenticeship program. • Provide effective evidence for portfolio of work against 3-year development plan towards EPA. •
Work alongside senior engineers and mentors to develop the following skills knowledge and behaviours: o To improve the quality of our customer experience to Secom customers, ensuring programme of works, first time fix rates and replans are improved. Ensuring PPMs and critical works are carried out within the required timescales. (Performance management) o Communicate with all relevant employees and clients to ensure delivery times are met. o Utilise Secom's Operating platform and Apprentice app, to ensure workflow is followed correctly.
- Vehicle boot stock inventory control to ensure vehicle Boot stock is controlled and accounted for monthly
- Responsible for uploading all documentation onto Secom's operating platform.
- Commercial awareness to ensure hours on jobs are not expensed due to nonproductivity.
- Understand and respond to all customers SLA's and KPI agreements, (Performance management).
- Responsible for logging onto and off client's portals and platforms.
- Delivering a first-class customer experience to improve retention and growth of key accounts and Fire within the Up.
- Provide support towards client SLA/ KPI
- Workflow: On shift and off shift must be used on the operating platform to ensure the correct information is carried onto engineer's weekly performance sheet.
- Workflow: En-route must always be selected along with ETA for Secom to update our customers electronically.
- Workflow: Parts selected are the responsibility of the engineer to ensure the correct parts are ordered via operating platform and Central stores.
- Workflow: Install paperwork must be fully completed, uploaded, and completed on the Secom operating platform.
- Workflow: Follow all project installation workflow instructions daily to ensure project progress is recorded
Follow the workflow on Secom's Apprentice app to ensure the correct information is collected and invoiced correctly. o To communicate with all departments on the progress of each job via the Secom operating platform and Apprentice app.
- Responsibility of the engineer to collect parts from PUDO, RICO or Royal Mail pick up point. \
- Responsibility of the engineer to book van parts collected onto vehicle stock and consumed against the job attending
- To attend any Secom customer site as instructed by NSB or Management o To ensure daily targets are achieved and first-time fix approach is achieved, and programme of works achieved to meet Handover dates.
- Complete all system checks, Handover and client training including all signalling and communication paths across all disciplines.
Test all audio devices (if applicable) to Control & Command o To successfully log onto and off clients' portals and Control & Command.
The responsibility of the employee is to ensure registration across all Secom platforms, HR, Payroll, ASC, mobile and Fleet. o Planning of diary and route with NSB, Management to meet companies and client's expectations.
To maintain inventory stock control of vehicle stock levels and record monthly for financial auditing purposes.
Complete vehicle and ladder inspections weekly. o Obligation to fulfil out of hours weekly rota to meet Secom customers' needs and SLA/KPI's.
A proven track record of success in a Fire & Security Customer delivery role, including being part of a large Apprentice team. He or she will be highly numerate, and have a driven, can do approach.
Experience of the Fire and Security Industry is preferred along with engineering acumen.
To be able to demonstrate Apprentice experience within a large Service environment with similar characteristics to Secom (large Apprentice force, control by a service desk, impact of service quality, compliance etc.) would be a distinct advantage.
The competency profile for this role is summarised as follows. Setting Business Direction • Customer awareness- who is the customer (internal or external), what are their needs, how are they best met.
- Analytical - breaks down problems/ challenges into their essential parts.
- Commercial - Impact of their actions to the UK Operation Achieving Business Performance • Concern for excellence- focus on high quality outcomes for all - externally and internally. • Initiative - actively seeks opportunities and resolution to problems without direction from others.
- Critical information seeking - actively seeks key information for decision making. • Result focus- sets targets and expectations for self and others. Self-Management
- Goals - set clear goals and develops strategies to achieve these efficiently and effectively. • Flexibility and Adaptability- works effectively in a variety of situations, appreciates different perspectives.
Assertiveness - strongly pushes forward and overcomes obstacles where necessary. • Self Confidence - belief in one's own ability to achieve a successful outcome. Top Skills and Proficiencies •
Engineering skills • Customer care/facing skills • Accountability & Responsibility • Fault finding skills • Decision making • Deadline orientated • Planning and organising • Communication Skills • Influencing and Leading • Teamwork • Adaptability
Great new opportunities available across the UK, please apply today