If you are an enthusiastic Graduate who is looking for an opportunity to deliver and develop your skillset in a dynamic, supportive, and exciting environment, please apply today! the graduate positions start in September 2022.
As part of your application, please include a cover letter addressing the below points:
* Why are you interested in joining alliance?
* What behaviours and values will you bring to the role alliance?
Here within Anglian Alliance, we are a totally collaborative organisation made up of our seven partner companies (Anglian Water, Balfour Beatty, Barhale, MMB, MWH Treatment, Skanska and SWECO) and our extended supply chain, delivering over half of Anglian Water's capital investment programme.
We are heading into our latest Asset Management Period, known as AMP 7 and this will see us deliver a GBP1.3bn programme of work over the next five years. Are you ready to join us as we gear up to deliver the most exciting and innovative AMP we have ever seen?
With an array of various and exciting projects to plan as efficiently and accurately as possible, our talented and forward-thinking Planning team are a central and vital part of our operations. To develop our Planning pipeline of talent for years to come, we are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion to forge a career in planning to join us as a Planner Graduate on our exciting journey and contribute to our future success!
What will you be doing as our new Planning Graduate?
As our new Planning Graduate, you'll work under the direct guidance of an experienced Planner in an integrated project delivery team and gain experience in developing and maintaining accurate and robust project plans. Working cross-functionally, you'll learn to take ownership of the project plan, drive the project team to deliver to the plan and challenge any delay and deviation.
With an established training programme geared towards you becoming a Senior Planner, you'll succeed in this role by being enthusiastic, visible and eager to learn and make a difference!
* Assist with collaboratively developing and maintaining robust detailed project plans for the Delivery Team in accordance requirements
* Liaise with Delivery Teams to ensure consistency of key assumptions on methodology and outputs etc.
* Assist with ensuring project plans capture the full project scope and the resource plan is maintained
* Assist with pro-actively ensuring project plans are up to date and identifying opportunities and risks in the plan and monitoring the critical path and key milestones, advising the delivery team on any potential changes
* Assist with developing 4D animations of the project plan to aid digital rehearsal of the project construction
* Learn to communicate the effects of progress on key dates and challenge the team to deliver on time
* Ensure planning standards are maintained and published processes are adhered to
* Complete and comply with all operational site H&S requirements to ensure safe working practices
To be considered for this fantastic developmental opportunity, you'll be educated to a degree level in water/wastewater process science/engineering-related subjects. You'll own strong communication, collaboration, and stakeholder management skills to complement your computer literacy.
Whilst the ability to optimise digital platforms, use planning software and interrogate/take information from drawings would be beneficial, we are more focused on your behaviours and potential to grow.
Passionate about pursuing a career in planning, you'll have a proactive and can-do attitude whilst demonstrating the ability to think logically and creatively. Able to work to tight deadlines and prioritise accordingly, you'll be flexible as you adapt to challenges to meet customer requirements