Apprentice IT Systems Administrator
Location: Bristol, BS4 5PS
Contract: Full Time, Apprenticeship
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.30 - 17.00
Rakata Technology are recruiting for an Apprentice IT Systems Administrator to join to their technical support team.
You will learn about the main areas of IT infrastructure support, undertaking general support activities.
There is also scope for involvement in technical implementation projects on customer sites.
The role is initially in infrastructure support however if the right candidate can demonstrate the right skills and knowledge this role could also incorporate web development (Joomla, WordPress, LAMP) PHP development and .NET development!
You daily tasks will include:
• IT user administration.
• Systems monitoring.
• Responding to day-to-day queries from customers that come in via phone, email or online chat/helpdesk.
• Providing clear answers and explanations of technical problems to a non-technical audience.
• Troubleshooting issues methodically and finding solutions using your own initiative.
• Managing complex cloud infrastructure for both Rakata solutions and customer solutions
• Splitting time between Microsoft and Linux Environments
What we need from you:
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate that they are reliable, keen to learn and have good attention to detail.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone wishing to get involved in many different aspects of IT in a growing business.
All technical training will be given in-house and you will be awarded with a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Infrastructure Technician.
• Minimum of 5 GCSE's including Maths & English
• Comfortable working flexibly within a team and on your own.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritise workload and complete tasks to deadlines.
Please Note: Due to the nature of the position, you may be asked to work additional hours according to requirements but this would be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
Rakata Technology is an IT Managed Services provider, solutions provider and software developer based in Bristol.
We are a growing company and have been in business since 2007.
We provide end-to-end IT services for our clients and pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service.
We operate in a friendly manner and our focus is delivering for our clients.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful within this role, click on apply today!
No agencies please