If you are a recent graduate looking to put your educational learning into practice to start in September 2022 in an environment where you can flourish and add value to our operations, please apply today!
As part of your application, please include a cover letter addressing the below points:
* Why are you interested in joining alliance?
* What behaviours and values will you bring to the role alliance?
Here within Anglian Alliance, we are a totally collaborative organisation made up of our seven partner companies (Anglian Water, Balfour Beatty, Barhale, MMB, MWH Treatment, Skanska and SWECO) and our extended supply chain, delivering over half of Anglian Water's capital investment programme.
Our large Delivery team are always working to ensure we implement the highest standards of safe solutions across all disciplines and to enhance the team. We are currently amongst an exciting portfolio of projects for AMP7 (Asset Management Period 7) to keep the water flowing across the region and our ability to manage our work and outperform against our customer's expectations.
We understand we need to build an enthusiastic and talented workforce that can provide us with innovative and different ways of working to keep the water flowing throughout our regions for years to come.
With this in mind, we are looking for a number of Civil Engineer Graduates to join us on our exciting journey and contribute to our future success whilst being part of a designated scheme that will equip successful candidates with the skills, experience and opportunity to embark on a varied and fulfilling career.
What will you be doing as our new Civil Engineer Graduate?
As our new Civil Engineer Graduate, you'll be supported and guided by experienced engineers and learn to be an expert in Civil Engineering.
Working in collaboration with other disciplines to develop and detail appropriate solutions, you'll adopt the principles of excellence in design based on the industry-leading approaches practised by Alliance Delivery team.
You'll be offered opportunities to gain the experience necessary to achieve chartered status in your chosen area such as site experience, commercial exposure and access to digital tools to improve the quality of engineering design.
* Contribute to the development of solutions and suitable designs of Water/Wastewater Treatment Plants and/or sewerage/water systems that achieve the goals of Anglian Water in terms of customer, environment, and efficiency
* Responsibility for consistently high-quality work and contributing to the overall effectiveness of the team whilst complying with POSWSH/POSWASTE
* Collaborate with the design team to develop 3D models and solutions
* Support the team in the drive towards excellence in Health & Safety, demonstrating applied knowledge & skills to produce safe designs to discharge obligation according to CDM Regulations, standards, and accepted codes of practice
* Proactively and reactively champion the need to deliver technical excellence ensuring the importance is understood and implemented across projects
* Maintain close links with other Engineers, Technical Managers and Operations to ensure smooth interfaces between disciplines, manage gaps/overlaps and share best practices to optimise performance
To join our Design team in our quest to remain an industry-leading alliance by pushing boundaries of innovation, you'll be educated to degree level in water/wastewater process science/engineering related subject and have a keen passion to pursue a career in Civil Engineering.
Possessing strong communication, collaboration, and stakeholder management skills to complement your proficiency in IT packages, you'll relish solving complex engineering challenges and be motivated to learn and develop new ways of thinking