Graduate Land Assistant
Superb opportunity for a graduate with either a property, surveying, geography or a related degree, to kick start a career as part of our successful business.
Gladman are a well-respected and established strategic land promoter based in Congleton, Cheshire.
We believe in using our expertise to partner with landowners to help them to realise the true potential of their land through its development for residential or residential led mixed-use development.
This is an incredible opportunity to join our in-house team of experienced land and planning professionals, working on a country-wide portfolio of projects. We'll welcome you and the qualities you bring, and you'll be supported to develop in your role. You'll be rewarded with further opportunities as you grow your career with us.
The Role - Graduate Land Assistant
As a Graduate Land Assistant, you will support the land team with the identification and securing of sites. As part of the team you will work to secure an annual number of opportunities to meet team targets, and on terms which meet company criteria.
Your overall aim will be to help to secure land opportunities in line with the company strategy and direction. You'll be responsible for assisting with implementing the most appropriate strategies for identifying the right sites.
Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
* Assisting with formulating and implementing strategies for identifying development sites
* Assisting with formulating and submitting offers, and in some cases submitting offers directly, to secure new development opportunities in line with company protocol through the appraisal, pre-bid and planning pack processes
* Attending meetings and interviews with prospective landowners and agents to secure new sites
* Building up a strong rapport with landowners, colleagues, property agents and others
* Helping to ensure that sites progress through the legal process in a timely manner
* Ensuring that related administration is kept up to date, taking part in handover meetings to project teams and maintaining a "watching brief" on sites where future input may be required
Requirements for this Graduate Land Assistant role
* Be educated to degree level in either a property, surveying, geography, or a related subject
* Have good IT literacy, with previous experience of GIS useful although not essential
* Excellent communication and organisational skills, able to manage a busy and varied workload efficiently
* Adaptable to changing circumstances and be able to think creatively in response to change
* Motivated to learn and develop as your experience in the role increases
You will be employed on a permanent contract with full time hours, and be part of a friendly and dynamic company which offers:
* An attractive salary in the region of GBP22,000 to GBP24,000
* Flexible working
* Career development opportunities
* Health insurance plan/wellbeing support
* Company pension scheme
* 26 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
* Paid professional membership fee
All applications for this Graduate Land Assistant vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions