What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Carry out reconciliations, monitor expenditure / income and support the production of management accounts, including variance analysis
- Cost centre and Project budget setup and maintenance
- Maintain key spreadsheets and trackers, providing advice and analysis on the financial data
- Prepare journals and collate backing papers and evidence to maintain an audit trail
- Support writing annual accounts and year end processes
- Support asset management
- Prepare reports
- Prepare forecasts
We will fund and support your studies over a 3-year period to achieve full ACCA qualifications in addition to helping you develop a broader range of personal and professional skills. The Apprenticeship programme consists of exams and work-based learning. Training is currently delivered on-line.
We would ask candidates to note that during your apprenticeship you may be required to work at Rutherford Appleton Laboratory for an extended period, although predominantly roles are Swindon based.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We know it's important to consider future career prospects and there are plenty of opportunities to continue your professional development after your initial apprenticeship within UKRI.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Self-motivated Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade C or above (4 or above)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C or above (4 or above)) Essential
Other Degree or Equivalent or relevant experience (Grade Pass) Essential