The Accounts role will consist of:
- Processing transactions
- Control of accounts, journals, and banking system
- Computerised accounting
- Provide administrative support to management
- Issuing financial statementsand assisting with audits
There will also be the chance to progress onto higher levels and consequently deal with more advanced responsibilities and duties.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Competent in Microsoft packages
- Confident in speaking to people over the phone
- Good organisational skills
- To be able to prioritise workloads
- Good written communication
- The ability to use your own initiative
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Hard working
- Team player
- Good time keeping
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Positive attitude
- Accounts experience
3 A levels at grades A to C (or the equivalent).
6 GCSE's including maths and English at A*-C / 9-4 or equivalent.
Accountancy Level 3 quaificationFuture prospects
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, this company will be looking to keep the apprentice on full-time. There will also be the potential to progress onto higher-level apprenticeships.Things to consider
Accounts experience needed
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates. For updates on the National Living Wage please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/national-living-wage-increase-to-protect-workers-living-standards