- Climbing and felling trees using mechanised and processing techniques.
- Work as a motivated part of a team to undertake all required tree surgery duties related to arboriculture maintenance, renovation works, and improvement projects.
- Tree inspection, including knowledge of common tree diseases and faults and their potential impact.
- Working in an outdoor environment and capable of working in a physically demanding job.
- Understanding of risk assessment and implementing safe working practices.
- Where applicable, to operate machinery in a safe manner.
- Responsibility for the security, correct usage and care of all machinery, tools, and equipment.
- Complete all written documentation as required
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Team player
- Reasonable level of fitness
- Willingness to learn
Level 1 Functional skills OR Grade E/2Future prospects
You will have lots of chance for progression within the company - Arial arborist - Team leader - SurveyorThings to consider
All of our work is outdoor based we work in all conditions and it's important that we get our jobs completed in the time frames that have been allowed for the job. The work is physical and can be tiring and you will need to be self-motivated at times to ensure that you are able to work to the high standards set by the company. That said the work can be very rewarding and you will be alongside a good team that will help you and push you to become the best you can be.
Some weekend work and call out work will be available at busy times. Agreed rates of pay will be written into your contract to cover this.