Site Supervisors often find themselves at the heart of our projects. This is an excellent opportunity to begin your career as an Apprentice Construction Site Supervisor working towards a level 4 apprenticeship qualification.
You will initially be working on a large construction project in the Barking area.At the end of this placement, you may move to another main contractor to sub-contractor under TrAC.
Tasks will involve:
- Supervision of supply chain partners
- Aiding in monitoring and control of health and safety standards on construction projects
- Recording, control and reporting of progress on a construction project
- The minimisation of the environmental impact of construction projects
- Monitoring and control of quality of works on a construction project
- Monitoring and collating records of persons, resources, waste, energy
- Checking and confirming specifications
- Assisting staff with the monitoring of materials & resources on a construction project
- Assisting with site administration tasks
- Attend meetings and participate where required
- Collation of records and database
- Liaison with consultants
- Uphold the image of the company and the customer
- Strive to meet thecustomersexpectations
- Some practical elements will be involved to help gain knowledge andunderstanding of the specifics of the trade, candidates should be prepared to undertake these alongside the role very much as a team player
- Maintain continuous learning and development
- No swearing, maintain high standards of behaviour whilst representing the business.
This role is looking to recruit from the Barking and Dagenham area only. If you are from outside this area you can still apply but you will be considered for other roles.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Word,Exceland Outlook
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good and effective working relationships
- Some construction experience would be advantageous but is not essential
- Willingness to learn
- Able to work within recognised norms and culture
- Keen to progress into site supervision and management as a career
- Enjoy working with a wide range of individuals
- Able to work alone and as part of a team
- Highly motivated
- Strong work ethic
- 5 x GCSE grade 4/C and above including maths and English or equivalent qualifications are required.
- AS/A Levels or a Level 3 NVQ/Diploma in a construction related field would be beneficial together with knowledge of a construction site but is not essential.
A role may be offered on completion of the apprenticeshipThings to consider
This role is subject to a Drugs & Alchohol test
If offered this role, the successful applicant will not be able to start work until they have acheived the CSCS Operatives Health & Safety Test